Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glee
Has anyone been watching Glee? I saw the adverts and thought it would be super cheesy but a number of my clients asked me if I'd watched it so I had a look. Its like a cross between High School Musical and One Tree Hill.

*Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the latest episode and don't want to know part of the plot line look away now*

The lastes episode actually made me cry! There is a young man on the show who is, very obviously to the outside eye, gay. He is portrayed quite stereotypically (this makes him remind me of a lot of my gay friends so I guess the stereotype works!), constantly dancing to Beyonce, giving out fashion tips and looking longingly at various men. His father is very much into football, beer and general manliness, his mother is not around. In the latest episode the guy joined the football team (and won the match for them with a Beyonce inspired kick!!) to impress his dad. After the match his dad goes to the guys room and expresses his extreme pride in his son. The son chooses this moment to tell his father that he is gay, just as the father is focussed on football. You envisage the father blowing up, shouting, being generally unhappy about it. The father simply says 'I know, I've known since you were 3. I guess I'm not competely happy with the idea but if thats who you are, thats who you need to be'

I was crying, how sad am I. It was just a fab moment.

Anyone else indulge in the guilt that is Glee?

i have heard so much about this show and just kept thinking high school musical , hence i would be far too old to enjoy it .
however.........i bloody love it , its great fun Confusedmile:

Already seen the first series, via internet magic courtesy of my other half. Despite generally detesting such American shows, I did actually like it.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Yeh i seen the first series already.. I LOVE IT..... Cant get enough of it!!!!

And Kurt Hummel ( Chris Colfer ) is brilliant. Love his story line and character set up. Hes also very cute and gay in real life.

i really thought i wouldnt like it, im not that really into musicals too much but i saw it and i loved it. can't wait for more episodes!Wink

glee is pretty good! the thing i like about glee its headed more towards the adults than the kids and the adult do like it. its funny just wht we need wht with the credit crunch Laugh2

its got good humour, whilst still being light enough to watch with the kids

Glee has a sense of humor and it is as cheesy as they come...it is great fun though and the talented cast (Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenowith are wicked:biggrinSmile...an hour of excellent fluff.

I've not managed to get through a single episode yet. I have tried two or three times.

marshlander Wrote:I've not managed to get through a single episode yet. I have tried two or three times.

I think its not as sophisticated for your tastes i fear. I am a total gLeek Big Grin