Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go blonde?
Now that Summer has arrived,I need change & that includes my hair colour.Because of my ancestry,my hair is jet black,CURLY and all the place(sometimes!).I really want to colour it blonde but I think it would clash with my skin tone (um...think Hispanic).Should I do it(without the consequence of looking like Christina Aguilera),opt for another colour or just straighten up my bush(he,he,he)?

Have you considered going for highlights and working your way through from there ?

Black hair with brighter highlights would look COOL ... although you might look better if it were slightly straightened - I don't know ... to be honest having my hair coloured is something I've never considered - I don't think it'd suit me (and my hair's so short most people wouldn't notice !!) Lol2.

I'm also not hugely into the vocab for hair-styling, but I think maybe highlights and lowlights ? Maybe ?? I don't know - at least that way you'd be able to give it a run-in and see whether you like it rather than going fullbore and bleaching it or what have you ... Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

blonde is god.

but im rly depressed now. ITS SUMMER OVER THER!!!!!!! Cry WE NEVER GOT A FARKIN SUMMER DOWN HERE THIS YEAR!!!lol

Once again,thanks for the sound advice boys.Streaks are a good start.Um hellocake,can you survive Christmases that peak at 37 degrees celsius?I would do anything for a white Christmas though!Down here,on Christmas,we go to church and thereafter go down to the beach,have a braai (a BBQ) and then swim the day away.

Dan1089 Wrote:Down here,on Christmas,we go to church and thereafter go down to the beach,have a braai (a BBQ) and then swim the day away.

*prepares documents for immigration* :tongue:

... of course if you DO go for highlights or dye or what have you, then it goes without saying that we'd like a picture Wink.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I'm a big fan of black hair so would have to say ... don't do it!

Depends how black your hair is. Sometimes if your hair is really black then it just looks stupid.

CAL Wrote:Depends how black your hair is. Sometimes if your hair is really black then it just looks stupid.

agreed. sometimes it looks crazy cheap. Best to get it done by a professional also. If it is really thick and dark it might not even go blond at all. And if your hair grows fast you will need to go in often to get the roots done. It is a lot of work to keep it up...

worse thing all our hair could get really damaged and break and fall out.

be careful,
frank

Another good idea is that you could discuss it with the stylist/hairdresser ...

... they will have a good idea of what would, and would not work with your hair based on its thickness, length, curliness, strength, etc., etc., so they will be best-placed to say "yeah that's a good idea, but how about this ?" or "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! HELL no, not unless you want to look like *whips out grotesque photo*".

I've never been to a hairdresser before, so I don't know for sure, but ... I would assume they will give you a free appraisal of your hair - whether or not that's suffixed by "SO ! What are we going to do today ?" or "SO ! When are we going to book you in to do it ?" depends, I guess, on the salon !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!