Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going insane
Awesome success!!! Congratulations!!

I hope you have a great time.

Bring your own vla, they don't have anything like it in the US.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

So you're leaving sunny Scotland? Lucky Wink

Cinestry Wrote:I was just starting to calm down, until you mentioned both cowboys AND Indians haha :')
I'll start in the fall yes, I think their academic year starts sometime mid August. I'll probably just keep on studying linguistics and English, as I need those courses for my degree here in Scotland, but if I hace some space left in my timetable I'll definitely do some Spanish as well Smile
A note about the Cowboys and Indians… as a general rule they don't look like their Hollywood prototypes. Wouldn't want you to be disappointed! However, there is definitely an unusual "vibe" in the American South West.

Congratulations!

What an amazing contrast. Though I have never been lucky enough to visit either, I can't think of two places that are any more different.

I have always dreamed of going to the Netherlands. I like bells and organs.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:I like bells and organs.

Me, too, man. Me too!

....oh. "Bells."

Lex

You'll be in Albuquerque? That's 12 hours from me. You'll find out that here "close by" is different than "close by" Europe. People where I live drive 5 hours to see a movie or go on a date. Yeah it's bigger and more spread out than what you're used to.

But you'll find out most of the bad things you've heard about the USA are all wrong.

Virge Wrote:You'll be in Albuquerque? That's 12 hours from me. You'll find out that here "close by" is different than "close by" Europe. People where I live drive 5 hours to see a movie or go on a date.

That's the city yeah! I keep forgetting the name haha. It's funny how you say that, I mean after 2 hours of driving in the Netherlands you'll have crossed the whole country!

Still the world turns out to be small though.. I just found out another Dutchie I sometimes meet up with is going to the exact same uni next year, crazy!

A...a...aaaalbuquerque!

I lived in a small town in New Mexico for a couple of years (Farmington). When we wanted "bigger city activities", it meant a drive to Albuquerque. That was roughly three hours away. Smile

Lex

congrats on a dream come true!

Lol this working out little too well, you already have a large support group there. Congratulations on your new opportunitySmile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]