Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going out to eat, who pays?
Andy92 Wrote:I know this is a weird question, but I started thinking about it. I know normally in a straight relationship, the man is supposed to pay for the woman he's taking out. What about when going on a gay date out? Again, I know its a weird question, just curious to see what you guys thought!

I feel that in a straight or gay relationship that there should be a balance between two people. I think you should take turns on paying. Usually when your in love with someone you want to give everything to that person and they should feel the same with you. In that case just say I'll pay and you can get it next time or he/she might say that and just smile and say ok thank you. I'm not fond of people in a relationship who always want to take but never give back. Its a two way street.Confusedmile:

Andy92 Wrote:I know this is a weird question, but I started thinking about it. I know normally in a straight relationship, the man is supposed to pay for the woman he's taking out. What about when going on a gay date out? Again, I know its a weird question, just curious to see what you guys thought!

Go Out to Eat and A Movie. One pays for food the other pays for movie.

It would still depend on who's able to pay for that whacking great dinner and the wine and all... nothing to do with cuter... (unless that could get you a free meal) Wink

when i go out for a meal i like to make offer to pay but take along cash just incase its a 50 50... Most are

zeon Wrote:when i go out for a meal i like to make offer to pay but take along cash just incase its a 50 50... Most are

I've got to agree with Zeon I always like to make an offer to pay 50/50, especially now that money is so tight with so many people. Scatter

Almac Wrote:I've got to agree with Zeon I always like to make an offer to pay 50/50, especially now that money is so tight with so many people. Scatter

lol money is tight or they make out it is thats something u can never find out from someone u dont really know when u visit for a date... I dont mind paying even if its not a date because it gives me a clear concence and i think its a sign of good karma

You're so right Zeon, paying 50/50 is a sign of good Karma.

As a general rule I think whoever makes the invitation pays...though when I invited someone with the intention of paying I'd add in, "my treat" so there wasn't any question.

I've been kinda nervous about letting others pay though. When I was a runaway I encountered a few pervs who'd like buy me a coke and then say I "owed" them and try molesting or even sexually assaulting me. That left an impression on me and I was very careful about anyone (especially a guy I didn't know) pay my way "to avoid misunderstandings." It's a sign of my trust when I let someone else pay for me. Even so I generally always try to keep "the ledgers in my favor."

I understand and don't take offense if someone insists on paying their own way. And once I knew a neighbor who lost a job and was suffering real bad (especially as she couldn't get what she needed for her cat and paper products) so I bought a bunch of TP, paper towels, cat food & cat litter and left them anonymously by her back door. I did that in part because I didn't want her to think I'd support her from then on (my charity's fickle :tongueSmile but also in large part because I didn't want her to feel she "owed" me (and wondering what the "hidden price tag" was and when I'd try to collect it) as I find that feeling a cause of anxiety in myself, I guess because of my bad experiences as a runaway. Leaving it anonymously made it clear that there were no strings attached.

I think it is best to do about 50 50 as well. Unless of course someone is really into you and wants to impress you with paying for your meal. Or vice versa. It is always sweet when someone pays for a meal of mine.

Eating out at non-chain resturaunts is a big thing of mine, so I usually insist on going to real places and not shit chains like fridays, applebee's, or olive garden... jesus christ...

So with that said, I pay almost always. If a lot of drinks are ordered I don't mind the other chipping in but that's optional. I budget for these things, I love eating out at unique and awesome places, and that doesn't mean they're always top-tier expensive either. Just quality. :biggrin: