Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going out to eat, who pays?
splitting the bill is what i would do - but if they really insist they pay for your meal dont feel bad by letting them...some people show effection by wanting to provide a lovely meal for their partner whether gay or stright...plus it can sour an evening if u get into an argument about who pays.....repaying the favour is good though too but i would go dutch if you have the funds to do it when u can m8

I think whoever invites should pay. In a longer relationships, splitting is appropriate. This goes for gay and straight relationships.

Beyond that though, this question strikes me as being related to gender roles. Wives cook and clean and men mow the lawn, etc. These are examples of gender roles. While gender roles do have their own merit, for the most part they're not really necessary. They can actually be limiting and destructive. Gay relationships don't need gender roles (same can be said for straight relationships, or just people in general).

I always split the bill - well Unless they let me pay because I am the type that prefers to pay not sure why :confused:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

It's not that I really think genders have roles, it's jut I'm kinda old fashioned when it comes to dating :p I like opening doors, pulling chairs, you know, small things like that. Kind of the reason why I asked this question.

Crs30 Wrote:I think whoever invites should pay. In a longer relationships, splitting is appropriate. This goes for gay and straight relationships.

Beyond that though, this question strikes me as being related to gender roles. Wives cook and clean and men mow the lawn, etc. These are examples of gender roles. While gender roles do have their own merit, for the most part they're not really necessary. They can actually be limiting and destructive. Gay relationships don't need gender roles (same can be said for straight relationships, or just people in general).

Aw thats nice not many old fashioned guys around - Quick question.. Whos in your display pic in a firefighter outfit? :eek:
[/COLOR]

That's a picture of me while I was at fire college. Graduated a couple weeks ago X3

Twazzle Wrote:Aw thats nice not many old fashioned guys around - Quick question.. Whos in your display pic in a firefighter outfit? :eek:

Well, may we say you look 'hot'? Wink

I don't think so X3 but thank you very much!! :p

princealbertofb Wrote:Well, may we say you look 'hot'? Wink

Cor a fire fighter Mushy !
[/COLOR]

Well for me I like be the feminine princess of the relationship. So the other guy pays for things...and I would do his laundry, and cook, and be his house slave...damn that's hot.