Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got cooking skills?
Are you a good cook? Do you like to mix those veggies and make a tasty soup? Well that's the place for you to express your love for cooking!

That sounded like an advertisement, sorry. BUt, really, do you like to cook? What are you best at? Like a meal, I mean. How often do you cook?

I recently discovered how much I like cooking, but I still practice it not as frequently. I am a pizza expert and now I'm specializing in desserts. Actually, I am currently "examining" recipes for apple pie. Want some when it's ready?

Oh, and can you share like...your favorite recipe here?

I love cooking. We try and make everything we can, fresh every day. Of course every now and then we get lazy and buy prepared stuff instead, but i really enjoy making things from scratch.
Usually we make pasta dishes and things like that as its fairly easy but you can also make some really tasty complex yet easy to make italian food.

As well as good food i also really enjoy making cocktails.

Can't think of any good recipes to share though really

I'm pretty good with making the desserts, everything else I just muddle through. Smile

I love to cook and experiment with cooking. Some of my favotite entrees to make are Coq Au Vin, Jardaloo Boti, red bean and rice stuffed peppers, and shrimp etouffee. Last New Years I made Beef Wellington and used a wine and mushroom reduction as a paste to replace the pate. I figured the cost of feeding 20 people justified the substitution and it turned out amazing! When I was in college some friends and I started a tradition of dinner parties. We would each bring or cook something. I first tried Coq Au Vin at a little French Bistro in Georgetown, Washington D.C. I brought back the recipe along with that of Garlic-Rosemary Roased Potatoes from the restaurant I worked at during the time and my friend Jay got out his blow torch and made a raspberry creme brulee. All my friends brought a bottle of wine and we proceeded to drink and eat until we were beyond sated. More recently we have taken to having brunches. The best I can remember was one in which we had sweet potato pancakes with orange-honey butter and fresh asparagus as a side . . . and always with mamosas.

Wintereis, are you interested in trying foreign cuisine recipes?

Oh, yes. It isn't that I am dissatisfied with my native cuisine, several of the dishes I mentioned are native to the United States, but I really like to see how cultures develop their own signiture qualities and flavors. Even in the U.S. there are great regional differences in the types of cuisine from traditional, New England items like roast turkey and cranberry relish (mmm . . . Thanksgiving) to creole dishes like Duck Pontchartrain Southern dishes like Peach Cobbler, or southwestern foods like chile rellenos. My favorite foreign foods are Indian, Italian, French, Greek, Chinese, Mexican, German, and Japanese . . . in that order. I have not tried anything from your native Bulgaria to my knowledge, but would be interested if you had any good dishes to suggest.

Well, since we were under Ottoman uh...we were ruled by Ottoman guys for five centuries, our cuisine is very much influenced by the Turkish cuisine. Here is something simple:
Tarator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then, a traditional Bulgarian meal is banitsa. This is more like something you'd have for breakfast and can be made with white cheese (do you have this kind of cheese there? Like totally white?), spinach, sugar, as well as many other fillings.

Banitsa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob chorba is not really a traditional meal, but Bulgarians really like to say it is. It is a soup made with..oh, let me show you a recipe:
Bulgarian Soup

Those are things I'd highly recommend for you to try, but on the website I posted above you can find many other recipes if you are interested.

The Dean of my school makes excellent burgers [he's Canadian], and he gave me the recipe. I have tried it only once so far, but it is really great. I am curious to try more such American meals, if that one is considered American ofc. Can you help me?

I love to cook. Some of my favorite things to cook are simple things like Hamburgers, Pizza, Hot dogs, Steak, thing like that. I love to take something simple and make it divine. I actually have quite a few recipes posted online already
ardus Recipes at Epicurious.com

these are my recipes
Richard

im very brillint cooking i workin a caffy i can make applecrumble and cakes and cornnbeef pie and kesh an for sanwichs an that.and soup

I love to cook but I have a 20 minute "thing"...meaning....I like my meals to have a 20 minute or less preparation time.

I like fresh foods...little to no preservatives and no processed foods if I can help it. I like to cook my veggies as close to raw as possible to retain the nutrients...my best recipes are for salads and seafood...I like to use fruit, nuts and veggies in salads and I like to try simple recipes with herbs mostly for fish..I used to like making dressings but Paul Newman did such a good job with his olive oil/vinegar dressing that I no longer bother.