Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings...
Hello...

I am a straight, single Father of 8 Daughters, ranging in age from 5 to 29.

My ex had/has addiction and mental health issues that created the need to raise the children alone their entire lives. She was a reproductive abuser, so she got pregnant, left home, return home to have the baby, rinse, repeat 7 more times.

Ironically, the 7-8 months she spent away from home between the having children and getting pregnant again, we're spent in mental health facilities, drug rehabs, and in relationships with women. She is currently married to another woman, has no custody by choice, and little to no contact with her children by choice.

I have spent 3 decades learning about women, so that I can raise girls to become women, and to make a long story short, my life is not the usual straight male that the media either glorifies, mocks, or somehow ensnares in the daily talking points of who defines gender/sexuality, and what that definition is or isn't.

My being here has nothing to do with my own sexuality, it actually has to do with gathering answers to questions. I have "gay friends" so to speak, but none of them take my questions seriously, and find me more of a novelty to be gossiped about, than a struggling single Father, living below the poverty line, trying to live one gender, yet devote their life to the opposite.

So before I can start asking questions in other forums, I needed to stop here first, and this thread meets that polite requirement, of giving those who would desire to answer a question posed by me, a short back story, which might better enlighten them on how to better answer.

See, now that was not as hard as some might have expected was it now?

Hahaha.

-GRV

Hi and welcome to Gayspeak, lots of friendly people on here, and many that give out great advice as well. I am sure you will fit in just fine, enjoy your time on the forum.

Welcome to GS --- you are definitely someone I want to know. My BF recently got custody of his 3 year old nephew because the mother is incarcerated, long, sad story --- but here we are, I'm 25 and he's 32, we've been together six years and are planning to be married in August --- and ooops, we're parents!
Everyone here will be happy to try to answer any questions you may have --- but beware, I'm sure I'll be asking you just as many.

hello and welcome to GS , you sound like a real caring father who sounds like your on a search of more knowledge to help you be father and mother, im not a parent but many members are and im sure they will reply in due course. Is there any specific questions you would like to ask ?

Welcome on board daddyrose. We're a friendly bunch here although I am not sure that many will have had experiences similar to yours. However, from my own experience of reading GS, there are a lot of people willing to reach out with help so, keep on posting,
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Welcome to GS! You sound like a really great addition to the community and I look forward to the questions you'll be posting. I'm sorry the gay friends in your life don't take you seriously. You shouldn't run into that problem here.

Welcome to GS! You will find good people here that are willing to offer heartfelt answers and advice.Wavey

Welcome, DaddyRose! I, too, am a newbie here, and though I don't share your exact experiences, I became the father to one of my older brothers daughters, who fell victim to heroin addicted parents and lived most of her 7 years on the streets of New York City. Being gay my entire life, I never felt that I needed to learn parenting skills, but...boom, here it is! I'd love to get to know you and try my best to help navigate this strange world we find ourselves in. I'll look forward to hearing more from you...in the mean time, take careSmile

Thank you all very much for the welcome, and I was rather surprise to see folks chime in so heartily. Yet on the other hand, it is saddening to see that others (parents) have been in situations involving parents with troubles/issues that placed children, that have been forced to trod through the detritus of the irresponsibility of others, in their lives.

hello welcome, many here give good advice Smile