Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Came across this forum in a search for "gay forums" since I am old school and prefer message boards to "Reddit" or "Twitter".

I am an over-the-hill openly gay man who resides in the sunshine state. I have been in a monogamous relationship with the same man since 2001, nearly twenty years.

I work as a CNA, although I am currently unemployed because I am burned out due to staff shortages in the nursing field. Currently taking a little mental health vacation from working.

I’m guessing by ‘Sunshine State’ you mean Queenland unless the US has one too.
I’m probably further over the hill than you at age 75. I have some understanging of burning out in the nursing field having gone through a similar crisis with care team nursing during the early days of the AIDS crisis in Melbourne.
Anyhow, welcome to one of the few gay forums not overun with obsessive detailing of sexual adventures - although I confess to having indulged in such on occassion when required.
The Human Race is Insane.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Karl Rand's post:
  • Foxaire

Welcome to the forum @Foxaire. I hope the time away from work does wonders for you, I am sure it will. See you around Smile
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • Foxaire

(06-08-2021, 07:57 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: I’m guessing by ‘Sunshine State’ you mean Queenland unless the US has one too.

Florida is known as "The Sunshine State" here across the pond.

(06-08-2021, 08:34 AM)Foxaire Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 07:57 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: I’m guessing by ‘Sunshine State’ you mean Queenland unless the US has one too.

Florida is known as "The Sunshine State" here across the pond.
Apart from some wonderful Art Deco buildings I found Florida one of my least favourite parts of the US. We have a similar region in Australia, Surfer’s Paradise and I find that yucky too. Miles and miles of skyscapers along the foreshore shading the beach from 1pm. Surfer’s Paradice however has some very toxic jellyfish arrive every year which doesn’t add to it’s ‘charms’.
https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/279715826826072958/
The Human Race is Insane.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Karl Rand's post:
  • Foxaire

(06-08-2021, 07:57 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: I’m probably further over the hill than you at age 75. 

When I was a youngster, "over the hill" was forty plus. I am currently barely over that hill.

Yet, evolution seems to not have eroded that hill. Rather, dare I say it, the new "over the hill" is most likely above fifty and nearing sixty.

It's interesting how the elderly with whom I work consider me a baby. There is one resident, still in her right mind, who is fifty years older than me.

Welcome to the forum @Foxaire
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Foxaire

Welcome to the forum @Foxaire !

Welcome to Gay Speak!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome to the forum @Foxaire  Welcome
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>