Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gringrich says gays better vote for Obama
hes a totally evil traitor

Comic relief (but wouldn't it be cool if this were true?):

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

Quote:In a development that has imperiled his front-runner status in the Republican presidential race, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has plunged in the polls as voters have begun to remember who he is.

Mr. Gingrich had been surging in recent weeks, but according to pollster Davis Logsdon of the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research institute, “That was before people’s memories of who New Gingrich is started gradually kicking in.”

According to a new poll released today, Mr. Gingrich fared especially poorly among voters who agreed with the statement, “Wait a minute, that guy? He was an enormous dick.”

Btw, be sure to see this one, too:

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2011/12/16...somewhere/

Roflmao

thanks Pix; all a delightful read (see below).
exactly my opinion of the previous McCain/Palin ticket. But the Republicans are providing even more humor this year than the previous election with the search for an impossible to beat dream team. All of these people are soo creepy. The big danger is by accident one of them gets into office.

http://www.borowitzreport.com/
"According to one campaign source, the Gingrich campaign has begun seeking the support of people with mental disorders and other memory issues that make it hard for them to retain basic information."

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2011/1...-up-somewhere/
"DES MOINES (The Borowitz Report) – A growing number of conspiracy theorists believe that the Republican candidates who keep showing up for televised debates are impostors and that the actual GOP candidates are tied up in a warehouse somewhere.
There’s no way that these people are the actual candidates,” said Tracy Klugian, a leading conspiracy theorist who subscribes to the warehouse theory. “The American people need to stand up and demand the return of the real ones.”

I thought with GW Bush that the bar was lowered drastically..I sometimes think these new candidates are tests to see if we are all completely asleep yet. I was sure there was something wrong when they put Palin up for election...McCain sure as hell did not pick her. She was picked by TPTB (The Powers That Be)..,....

I wonder if they are putting these guys in like ducks in a row to get the Republican Base anxious...and at the last minute they will roll out someone like Rubio or Jeb Bush to "save the day"...someone who will "appear" to be the savior. That is what scares me.

East Wrote:I thought with GW Bush that the bar was lowered drastically..I sometimes think these new candidates are tests to see if we are all completely asleep yet. I was sure there was something wrong when they put Palin up for election...McCain sure as hell did not pick her. She was picked by TPTB (The Powers That Be)..,....

I wonder if they are putting these guys in like ducks in a row to get the Republican Base anxious...and at the last minute they will roll out someone like Rubio or Jeb Bush to "save the day"...someone who will "appear" to be the savior. That is what scares me.

I never thought about that possibility before.
Hmm...
Well if they don't, seems like Ron Paul's fans have an avid grip on the internet at the very least.
How often i see "RON PAUL 2012!" randomly.Rolleyes
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Gingrich has been somewhat misquoted. What he said was that if a voter's single priority was marriage equality he/she should vote for Obama, but if he/she also cared about the economy, job creation, etc. then he was campaigning for his/her vote.

Slightly odd really as marriage equality is the one gay rights issue Gingrich and Obama agree on, they oppose it. It's just on that particular issue Gingrich isn't trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Gingrich has been somewhat misquoted. What he said was that if a voter's single priority was marriage equality he/she should vote for Obama, but if he/she also cared about the economy, job creation, etc. then he was campaigning for his/her vote.
Slightly odd really as marriage equality is the one gay rights issue Gingrich and Obama agree on, they oppose it. It's just on that particular issue Gingrich isn't trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth.
works if your not gay
[Image: forget-you-guys-im-voting-for-cheesy-puf...-obama.jpg]
some progress:
-repealing the military's Don't Ask, Don't Tell rule
-early 2011 President Obama instructed the fed justice dept to not defend the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act.
-polls show American support of same-sex marriage but a narrow majority still support the constitutional amendment that would define marriage as heterosexual. Though the idea of gay marriage had gained mainstream traction, Americans not ready to support the re write of federal laws. Obama will endorse gay marriage someday? the president is simply waiting for the country to be ready?
-Gingrich says he will enforce DOMA
-also reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell
-for the the third in a row US jobless claims dropped as Europe banks start to tip.

I think you misunderstood me. My point was not that gays shouldn't prefer Obama to Gingrich, they clearly should, for the reasons you listed. My point was that marriage equality (distinct from repeal of DOMA) is not a reason to vote for Obama.

pellaz Wrote:Obama will endorse gay marriage someday? the president is simply waiting for the country to be ready?

I think Obama is simply waiting to be out of office. However he keeps dropping loud hints in the direction of the gay media that he is about to change his mind.

Obama is a trained lawyer, by all accounts a good one. He knows that the state requires good reason to exclude same-sex couples from marriage, and that 'God is in the mix' is not good reason. Supporting same-sex marriage would be electoral suicide so I will forgive him swallowing his principles for power. I won't forgive his cheap bids for support from liberals by hinting at a change of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

East Wrote:I thought with GW Bush that the bar was lowered drastically..I sometimes think these new candidates are tests to see if we are all completely asleep yet. I was sure there was something wrong when they put Palin up for election...McCain sure as hell did not pick her. She was picked by TPTB (The Powers That Be)..,....

i voted for him once

you cant deny that bush helped Africa more than obama or Clinton and he saved thousands of lives an he is popular in some African areas!!

you never heard this did you?

fredv3b Wrote:... I think Obama is simply waiting to be out of office ...

he will run again, degree of success? depends on who the republicans can come up with. On that basis it is looking good for Obama.