Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! thread
IanSaysHi Wrote:I've generally felt grrrrrr for two weeks and for no real reason. Generally been annoyed by the smallest thing and unsociable. Maybe it's time I booked some holiday...

get the Holiday booked and get away from it all for a while ...plus its something to look forward to

shyl4l Wrote:Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Got on the scales today. Grrrrrrrrrr I'm back in the gym doing weights ? I run every 2 day (hill running/crosscountry 3miles) I'm swimming 4 to 5 times a week. I have quite an active job. When im off work i never sit still . Dont watch a lot of telly. I eat right. Loads of veg ( n8t potatoes or the one that arnt that good for you) loads of fruit mainly apples , grapes & the occasional banana when doing weights. I dont eat anything with sugar in (except fruit) dont eat bread. Have a couple ofcrackers with a meal instead. Dont eat anything fried or fatty. Eat red meat perhape once per month at most. Eat chicken about 5 times per week but only small portion with a little pasta (only time i eat pasta)to go with a salad. i go through about a pint of milk a week. If i need and energy boost i wiil have rasins or some other dried fruit. So why the f@@@ cant i loose weight

Are you sure that it isn't muscle growth? I mean you don't look like you're in dire need of losing weight...look fit to me.... The other thing to keep in mind is weight goes all over the place...my weight changed by 7lbs in a 24 hour period...it's water weight and water is heavy...drink 4 cups of coffee and I'll bet you'll lose 5 lbs in pee lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Are you sure that it isn't muscle growth? I mean you don't look like you're in dire need of losing weight...look fit to me.... The other thing to keep in mind is weight goes all over the place...my weight changed by 7lbs in a 24 hour period...it's water weight and water is heavy...drink 4 cups of coffee and I'll bet you'll lose 5 lbs in pee lol

I have put a bit of muscle on in the last couple of weeks. its just I'd like to be back under 11st. I feel most comfortable at arround 10st 11bl . But on the up side i went running today and not only did the harder circuit but put an extra leg on so did about 4.5 miles mostly crosscountry / green laneing in the hills and was relly sorry when i got back i could have stayed out i was really enjoying myself.

shyl4l Wrote:I have put a bit of muscle on in the last couple of weeks. its just I'd like to be back under 11st. I feel most comfortable at arround 10st 11bl . But on the up side i went running today and not only did the harder circuit but put an extra leg on so did about 4.5 miles mostly crosscountry / green laneing in the hills and was relly sorry when i got back i could have stayed out i was really enjoying myself.

Exercise equalling enjoyment, I really would love to reach that stage. I must stop looking at it as a chore!

Cridders88 Wrote:Exercise equalling enjoyment, I really would love to reach that stage. I must stop looking at it as a chore!

I had never ran until last year and i dont always enjoy it to be fair but on a day like today when the sun is out, your in one of the most beautyfull places in the uk . And although its not particually cold or warm it is the perfect temp for running it was fantastic.

[Image: album.php?albumid=1193&pictureid=7874]

This i where i go running 😀

shyl4l Wrote:I had never ran until last year and i dont always enjoy it to be fair but on a day like today when the sun is out, your in one of the most beautyfull places in the uk . And although its not particually cold or warm it is the perfect temp for running it was fantastic.

[Image: album.php?albumid=1193&pictureid=7874]

This i where i go running 😀

Yeah, I had a look at your album the other day, certainly a very scenic part of the country Smile. It's similar here, beautiful in the Summer especially, just a lot more flat, and currently, flooded lol. But yeah, views like that certainly would spur you on Smile

Cridders88 Wrote:Yeah, I had a look at your album the other day, certainly a very scenic part of the country Smile. It's similar here, beautiful in the Summer especially, just a lot more flat, and currently, flooded lol. But yeah, views like that certainly would spur you on Smile

Not 100% sure I'd like running on the flat? I enjoy the hills, the sence of achevement. And the way it exhausts you or atleast for a minute or 2. But on the flat i can set a pace and??? to be honest not really got a clue how far id be able to run but i reacon id get bored before i needed to stop.

[MENTION=23291]shyl4l[/MENTION] [MENTION=23123]Alto[/MENTION] Couple things I have found about running...even when you're going up a steep hill, keep running, shorten your strides. Think of it like this, when your car goes up a hill it shifts into a lower gear which has a higher gear ratio... The reason why I say keep going is if you slow to a walk it will be much harder to get going again. If you're looking to get faster, build lean muscle, etc...do what's called wind sprints... Start out sprinting for 20-30 second and slow down to a jog for a minute and repeat...each time increase the intervals by a little bit....of course do what's comfortable. If you're 45...your heart rate shouldn't ever be 180...so use common sense and don't make the rookie mistake and over do it.

As far as the weight stuff...If it is the number that's bothering you, pay less attention to it... I have to be careful myself, because even though my pants are pretty lose I feel like I should see that on the scale, but I'm also weight lifting and so on...so I'm clearly building a good bit of muscle...so my weight doesn't move much in any direction. So could easily be muscle, or that you have more water, or ate a meal...that stuff makes a difference...I wouldn't worry too much about 11 stone.....that is still by far a healthy weight imo and if you're weight lifting you're probably on the leaner side anyway... Just saying, if you're doing it all by the book why worry, you're doing more than most people...I mean figure this...the drive thru at McDonald's is backed up everyday at lunch time, those people don't even know what's in their food and think that guzzling that crap down is perfectly ok. So if you want to go have cheesecake, go for it, because chances are you'll burn it up in the furnace the next day. So don't be too hard on yourself.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

This may sound ridiculous, but be a human is hard. We have to worry about this, worry about that. We shouldn't do this or do that.
I'm tired, I want to quit.

I bought new bowls and coffee mugs that are bright and patterned and fun....having a tough time deciding on what solid color dinner and salad plates I want to go with the rest. GRRRR!!!

Hehehe Smile