Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty pleasures
This thread probably already exists in some shape or form but I'm newish and can't see anything similar in the top recent posts.

As I'm sat here bored out of my tree, I'm considering watching a DVD. I'm in the mood to watch something awfully bad, something so bad it's good. Luckily I have such a thing, a film called 'Chopperchicks in Zombietown'. This is a Troma film, if you don't know what that is, they basically created some pretty awful b-movies (for example one is called Teenage Cat Girls in Heat). Every now and again when I'm in this mood I'll watch it. I've only shared it with a couple of good friends who luckily share my sense of humour. It's about a bunch of bike-riding women who call themselves the 'Cycle Sluts' and turn up in new towns to basically have sex with as many men as possible. Unfortunately the town they arrive in this time has a radioactive mine that the local priest is cashing in on by killing the residents then reanimating them as zombies to work in the mine. The zombies escape, the cycle sluts have to save the town, whilst overcoming personal differences (there's a knife and whip stand-off scene between the leader of the group and a rebellious member) and saving a bus of blind orphans.

So what's your guilty pleasure? That one thing (or things) you maybe don't broadcast to all your coworkers? Don't worry, we're all friends here Wink

I think that my one completely confessable guilty pleasure is very tame: CHOCOLATE.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

'pleasure' is not something i associate with 'guilt'.

so, i have zero guilty pleasures. i only have pleasures and i don't feel guilty about any of them.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Thank you for that analytical take on the subject meridian.

Hoping that 'guilty pleasures' isn't just a British phrase.. Does everyone else kind of know what I mean? Please?!

Ian, I can see why you feel guilty about that movie. Haha

Don't mind meridannight, he always seems cranky.

Guilty pleasure is not just a British thing, but one of my guilty pleasures is British. A couple of years ago, I was sick and stuck at home. AMC or TCM was running old Margaret Rutherford movies all day.
That face of hers, her affectations and dramatic style. She played Miss Jane Marple and starred in a series of movies all with the word murder in the title. The movies all had the same theme music. Every time I hear it, it makes me smile. Since then I bought her movies and her autobiography. She even had a trangendered child (that is not part of my guilty pleasure, however).

I wonder how long before someone mentions masturbation in this thread? Not that that is one of mine, of course....

Phew, thanks Darius. I was sick last weekend and discovered a series I'd only seen one episode of years ago, and ended up watching two whole series via Netflix. There are benefits to being stuck in bed Smile

My guilty pleasure has to be corny action movies.

"I'm gonna take you to the bank senator Trent ...... to the blood bank"

Don't know if this counts but......There is an Italian restaraunt about a 40 mile drive from my residence that has the best pizza I have had......ever! It is a pleasure to eat it but I always feel guilty after because I usually eat too much and I am still trying to lose 20 more pounds.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

Britney Spears - Toxic

The Sims. And Cheetos with chocolate ice cream.
:/