Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Controls and mass murder.
Once again we hear about another mass shooting in the USA and once again both sides of the gun arguements are going to argue their stupid fucking arguements while both side stand back and watch the slaughter go on.

When are people going to learn that 'GUN CONTROL' means keeping your guns stored safely and keeping the guns out of the hands of the people that should not have them.

Gun controls are not and 'ANTI-GUN' measure, gun controls are an 'Anti-Mass Murder' measure.

As far as I am concerned the NRA and the Anti Gun Lobby are far to radical to ever find a middle ground and both of them should just fuck right off and let common sense prevail.

I agree. Gun control does not mean your guns are taken from you.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

We have a collision between gun fetishism and apathy about mental health issues in this country.

I don't like using guns or having them in my living space (unless someone well-trained like my dad is the one who keeps them - and he knows how to keep them safely, there have been guns at home since I've been alive and my brother and I never gained access to one on our own, least of all a loaded one). But that's my personal choice, and there are plenty of people who have firearms responsibly, keeping them stored away somewhere safe. If you collect guns because you appreciate the craftsmanship and like going to a shooting range, and you keep them stored somewhere out of reach of people who shouldn't have access to them, that's one thing. But if you're one of these zealots who scream at the top of their lungs about the 2nd amendment like there aren't any other important things in that dusty old sheet of paper, or out here in real fucking life today...just understand that there are more guns in this country than actual people. Even if it was the government's plan to take them all away (which hell no it's not), they're gonna have a hard fucking time doing it.

With deinstitutionalization in the 70s, many people with mental health issues went from one shitty arena to another: from overcrowded, abusive, coercive mental hospitals right onto the streets. Then again, people like the Aurora and Sandy Hook killers apparently showed no outward signs of being violent or needing to be committed until they massacred their victims. Did they just snap, or was no one really paying attention? I don't know. I'm rambling so I should wrap this up.

Bottom line, it's all a fucking mess. I don't have the answers. And nothing is gonna change because dialogue and compromise has become very dirty words in the States.

In Canada we don't really have gun violence on your scale just because it's hard to get a gun. If you want one you better not be crazy, a criminal, and here have a lesson so you don't accidentally shoot your face off.

Apparently the united States thinks this is communism or something. Whatever.

…common sense?

…prevail?

Where is this magical kingdom and how do I get there?!?

Also, speaking of gun fetishism, I just remembered this delightful story http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08...63551.html

Just as the USA cannot be bothered to give psychological tests to people who want to drive killing machines on the roads and highways and to breed like flies then ignore their kids.........they cannot be bothered to give psych tests to the most dangerous of them all...........the weapons owner.

People feel very marginalized in the USA right now. It's a country with some very deap divisions. We all know it's a mess, but we've had so many years of politics being a farce to win the next election, while the issues never get attended to, that a whole lot of shit has piled up.

Nobody is brave enough to enter political office with the intention to get anything real done, because if you do something real you always piss somebody off. Our politicians like having a clear cut enemy before they commit to a course of action. Thus Bush was able to get the country behind going to war after 9/11 but we can't even have a civil debate about gun violence within our own borders. If the various shootings had been committed by foreigners you can bet that the bombs would be dropping. If they had all been committed by a definable group, there would likely be concentration camps. But it's not clear cut.

I agree that compromise has become a dirty word. That's a huge problem. We're quickly becoming a nation of extremists who are incapable of listening. The unwillingness to listen is impairing people's ability for rational thought. If you listen to people debate the issues what you generally hear is a lot of immature sniping and jingoism. Everybody is always trying to be the cool kid.

nfisher1226 Wrote:we can't even have a civil debate about gun violence within our own borders.

The issue is a "debate" or "conversation" in America always means more and more "requirements" or restrictions for the everyday law abiding citizens. Not the other way around. I grew up with guns, I shoot them weekly along with millions of other Americans.

Mental health is an issue that needs to be readdressed, that I certainly agree on. When I was a kid you could order guns from the Sears catalog and have them mailed to your home and we were a far safer as a country.

The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th , 9th and 10th Amendments are all just as important as each other. If believing that the Bill of Rights actually makes you an extremest then count me in.

A vile psycho committed a murder while on active duty in the military and we are supposed to reassess our values? This jack-off could have waited until he was at the range with a .50 cal and killed many, many more if he had wanted to. I'm glad he killed himself and saved us allot of silly shit like I have been seeing that scumbag Islamic freak that killed 13 and wounded dozens of others four years ago. A Doctor no less, what legislation would have stopped him? None. That's what.

Evil exists and always has. You stomp it out before it harms others when you can.

Ciao

This person was military so access to weapons is a given, unfortunatly the lastest study on saw for military personel shows 1/4 with mental health problems, was a truck driver in iraq, had last psyco evaluation witnin 4 weeks of this occurance, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]