Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gym for the first time - HELP!
BellyNel Wrote:Ooh - there's the gymtimidation factor - all these damn hot guys and girls exercising - while this flabby big boobed guy with a gut is there for the first time. Will they be staring at me? Or will they be so focused on their own workout that they won't have time to judge me?

You go to a gym to do workout. Stop worrying what others think of you because they are not thinking of you.

Every single person has to start from somewhere. Not everyone joins a gym and automatically has a Greek God body. Everyone was scrawny, obese etc. on their first day in the gym. It is up to you to change it.

So stop worrying what others think of you.

Nel, walk in there with the confidence that you are doing YOURSELF some good. Don't worry about other people, they've probably been there. You might even find that, if they are not too self absorbed, they'll be happy to give you some tips and maybe even to spot you. Good luck, though. It's going to be hard training, probably (until it gets easier). Bighug

BellyNel Wrote:I don't have a BIG belly - just a belly - and man boobs. I call myself fat when I'm not that fat. I guess I will just have to suck it up. Everyone was a gym virgin at one point. Pretty people will be there. And yes, there will be fatter people than me. I cannot judge.

And the hot sweaty sexy men will be there, too. So that's a plus, right? :flirty-greetings-sm

And now - the clothing? My mind is forever horny, so my penis always wants to "greet people". Boxer briefs or something tighter fitting?

First of all, please don't see the gym as an opportunity to sneakily watch muscular hotties work out, undress, shower or whatever. It's really creepy, and the reason why a lot of people, myself included, get uncomfortable. I used to get annoyed when straight guys spoke about their fears of being secretly watched in locker rooms by gay men, but lately it seems like their fears are kind of justified.

Second of all, I had a gym membership for about a year, and while it's stupid to generalize based on one's own experiences, I can confidently say that fit people won't judge you, nor other people heavier than you. They're likely to see someone trying to improve himself physically and respect that. A lot of them will probably offer to help you out if they see you handling a machine the wrong way.

My point, precisely, Tangy Tangerine... :biggrin: