Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP!
I need to make a decision. I am entering a friendly, no prize, neighbourhood contest. The theme is "Reflections" and I need to choose between these shots. Which one should I choose? I need a decision by Monday night (CET)

It's not about the quality of the photo but how well one has captured the theme.

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Of the shots posted I like #3 better since it is a little closer and captures more detail in the reflection
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Bhp91126

If these were mine, I'd pick either #2 or #3. Swaying towards #3 as it doesn't have the people in it.

I just like the composition. It's a long shimmering reflection which gives it almost a mirage type of feel, and you have the added shadow juxtaposed on it too, which is a neat bonus I think.

That's my thoughts anyway  Wink
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Hi Simon,

Great pics but I think number 3 is my favourite too. Focusses more on the architecture of the buildings (contrasting modern against old) and the sky looks less blown out from the bright sun with some nice blue.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Number 3. If the people in number 2 looked more thoughtful (ie inner reflection, adding extra element to the theme) I would have said 2.

I'd chose 3. It was close between that and 2 as I liked the building framing the shot to the left in 2 but no offence to the people in the photo but they take away from the shot somewhat.

Toss up for me, either 3 or 5
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I like all of them but #5 would be my choice

I don't know if this URL will work outside of my immediate area:

https://nextdoor.co.uk/p/MhdgxGFScL_k?ut...MDE5MzA%3D

but if it does, you will be able to see the 12 photos that were submitted for the competiton.

There were 196 votes and the overall winner with 139 votes was number 2.  I received 20 votes and thus came in at second place.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • Bookworm