Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPV vaccine
The CDC is saying that HPV can be caught through anal sex and other sex practices They recommend kids be vaccinated so they don't get it as adults.

They say though it might be worth guys in their 20s get vaccinated to prevent anal cancer. What do you guys think?

my take on the CDC web page is its transmitted by ANY surface exchange.

gayspeak.com is a good site to ask what other developed government health agencies are saying.

Prevention is better than a cure.

despite prevent better than cure I find needl;es scary unless it can be admninistered as a tablet.... Count me out my p[hobia is very strongh!

Its the job of the CDC, WHO and other health organizations to push the latest technologies, drugs, protocols.

However time and time again we discover years down the road that 'oops' there were unforeseen side effects.

Vioxx, a wonderful drug that actually worked for my pain, was a wonder drug. Approved by the FDA, pushed by the CDC as a working alternative to narcotics.

Then suddenly a shit storm of controversy arose as people started having heart attacks.. Oops.

Vaccines are two edge swords. http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&...30&bih=609

There is a risk with vaccinations, other health risks, bad reactions, 'oops factors' play a role. Granted only a minor portion of those receiving vaccinations, but many when we look at 0.01% of a million being 100, but that is 1,000 for ten million, 10,000 for 100 million, 100,000 for a billion.

Quote:As of September 15, 2011, approximately 40 million doses of Gardasil® were distributed in the U.S. and VAERS received a total of 20,096 reports of adverse events following Gardasil® vaccination: 19,075 reports among females and 569 reports for males, of which 504 reports were received after the vaccine was licensed for males in October 2009.

Source: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccine...dasil.html

More:

Quote:Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) has been reported after vaccination with Gardasil® . GBS is a rare neurologic disorder that causes muscle weakness. It occurs in 1-2 out of every 100,000 people in their teens.
(snip)

There have been some reports of blood clots in females after receiving Gardasil®. These clots have occurred in the heart, lungs, and legs.

---> My addition. A blood clot in the heart is deadly serious.

As of September 15, 2011, there have been a total 71 VAERS reports of death among those who have received Gardasil®. There were 57 reports among females, 3 were among males, and 11 were reports of unknown gender.

Their end note:

Based on all of the information we have today, CDC recommends HPV vaccination for the prevention of most types of cervical cancer. As with all approved vaccines, CDC and FDA will continue to closely monitor the safety of HPV vaccines.

I could most likely spend days pulling up how effective the FDA has proven NOT to be - Vioxx is but one 'happy' tale of stupidity heaped upon cash payments to turn backs.

I know the risks are small, but not to the people that had blood clots, the survivors of the deaths, etc.

I personally refuse a lot of 'medicine' based on what I have seen with my own eyes. Medicine is not an exact science - don't let them fool you, its hit and miss, trial and error and when the errors hit they are huge.

195,000 people die in hospital alone due to medical errors: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/11856.php

Granted most usually those are stupid mistakes, however with Drug companies selling and producing crap products to turn a profit, they are not beyond paying off people to sign on to using a product even if they know its bad.