Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had To Share~
Thoughts? I know what mine are.

I say Orca's shouldnt be held in captivity. Its cruel because, like the video says, they are intelligent and will remember, will be sad, etc. I figure people would of learned after the Orca killed that man at that one aquarium, but no. I agree with the video 100%

TheRomantic Wrote:I say Orca's shouldnt be held in captivity. Its cruel because, like the video says, they are intelligent and will remember, will be sad, etc. I figure people would of learned after the Orca killed that man at that one aquarium, but no. I agree with the video 100%

Mm. Although there have have been countless attacks...so I'm not sure hich one you're referring too. They are...it puts human and Orca lives in danger.

A little more on the Taiji Ten.

Roxy Wrote:Mm. Although there have have been countless attacks...so I'm not sure hich one you're referring too. They are...it puts human and Orca lives in danger.
The Seaworld one, it was all over the news.

TheRomantic Wrote:The Seaworld one, it was all over the news.

With Dawn Brancheau? Or...lol there are 3 Sea World parks and all have a history. There are two that I remember being on the news. The most recent as fore-mentioned with Tillikum, or with Ky...

Can you name either the Orca or trainer involved? Oh wait you said killed right? That would be Dawn Brancheau and Tillikum.

Roxy Wrote:With Dawn Brancheau? Or...lol there are 3 Sea World parks and all have a history. There are two that I remember being on the news. The most recent as fore-mentioned with Tillikum, or with Ky...

Can you name either the Orca or trainer involved? Oh wait you said killed right? That would be Dawn Brancheau and Tillikum.

Yep thats the one

I can't even watch that video. I live where most of the scenes in the wild were filmed. I have been almost within reach of wild orcas in my kayak and row boat, when they choose to come that close. It is an awe-inspiring and humbling experience, seeing their power and gracefulness, and knowing they could take me as a meal if they wanted. There have been no known attacks on humans by these beautiful, intelligent, intensely social animals in the wild -- only at the theme parks.

The only people that Jail these creatures, are the people who lack morals and humility.

I am proud to say keeping these creatures in captivity is illegal in the United Kingdom.

These creatures have no place in a little tank.

Geminize Wrote:I can't even watch that video. I live where most of the scenes in the wild were filmed. I have been almost within reach of wild orcas in my kayak and row boat, when they choose to come that close. It is an awe-inspiring and humbling experience, seeing their power and gracefulness, and knowing they could take me as a meal if they wanted. There have been no known attacks on humans by these beautiful, intelligent, intensely social animals in the wild -- only at the theme parks.

Interesting isn't it? That they have the power to end our lives and yet in their natural habitat, at their most powerful, they don't? It's when we shut them up in cages, concrete boxes that they turn?

I've seen Orcas in the wild several times. Makes my heart ache to see them in captivity. Especially after you learn their behaviour's and how obvious their distress is in captivity.