Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday Bowyn Aerrow
Happy Birthday Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the one good thing that came out of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake!

Happy-birthday

ObW
X

Quote:Ok, ok, are you the one who put in a random birthday date? The age doesn't seem right, so is the rest?

It wasn't altogether random. 30 April is the anniversary of my birth. They year is a bit off and was originally going to be two centuries off for fun.

I was born in the year 1966. Meanwhile in San Francisco on that day the Black House (Church of Satan) was being dedicated in San Francisco. Other cool links on that subject: https://www.google.com/#q=why+was+the+fi...n+april+30

Understand that my date of birth is not altogether a random coincidental date. Not only did my mother work hard to insure that 9 months prior to 30 April she was preggers, I have been told she took drugs to stall labor and then to induce labor on that appointed day.

I was reminded of this small 'coincidence' often in my childhood. (Thanks Mom)

Today is also Walpurgisnacht Eve. Walpurgisnacht and Halloween are closely related for several pagan traditions and Satanists. For Satanists their is only one Holiday that is more important (ritually and otherwise) and that is one's birthday. At least according to Anton LeVey, the founder of the First Church of Satan - or the Black House....

Thus for my 'family' the rituals and rites that took place for Walpurgisnacht were extending to include my birthday. Where as most kids got presents and a birthday cake, I got dedicated rituals and other interesting (horrific no doubt to the sensibilities of modern man) .

April 30 1966 was not randomly drawn out of a hat for the dedication of the Black House either. As all things occult, dates and times, seasons and years have far deeper meanings and ritualistic powers to them.

BTW this is New Year 48 of the age of Satan: http://www.examiner.com/article/satanic-walpurgisnacht

BTW that article has it wrong. While the Black Church was opened prior to 30 April 1966, there was a solemn dedication ceremony (a public one) on that date, followed by a more private 'dedication ceremony' afterwards. The later not being something most people would approve of.

Being asked when my birth date is always leaves me feeling a bit uncomfortable. (an understatement, this time of year I barely sleep, my nightmares mount, flash backs ad other PTSD related stuff quadruples).

And since when I signed up a member here I was in a very long term relationship (over a decade at that point), I figured who needed to know exactly how old I am - I'm an elf for the gods sake - I can be eternal! I decided to aim for a little fun.

BTW the site will not allow one to input a year prior to 1900. I did try 1766, 1866...

BTW this whole discussion on my DOB also indicates how far I have come since I signed up here in October 2010 - Back then I was most reluctant to talk about the subject of the Occult and its impact in my childhood. Today I can talk about many aspects of it and why things are the way they are with me. I guess that is progress, definitely ain't congress. Wink

Thanks for this info, Bowyn, I hope you've managed to get yourself the life you need.

:happy-birthday-bann Happy birthday!!! Have a good one! Birthday-dancer

Happy Sweet sixteen...

Happy Birthday. Smile

108 is a great achievement. *Does a shifty look*

No reason to look around with shifty eyes - trust me I feel much, much older more often than not....:tongue:

Happy birthday BA Party 108? You are still a babe in the woods of Mirkness....

It's also clear to me that the 'one ring' was in circulation in San Francisco in 1966 before making it's way to Gollum's Cave :eek: