Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Valentine's Day (all of you)
Genersis Wrote:Grrr, grumble grumble....

Fun fact:
Saint Valentine is also the Saint of Plague.
See, Valentines day is a day for singles too!Sawink2
Haha, (-I think ???)

Beau Wrote:QFE

Happy effing valentines day. Confusedniff:

That's the terrible thing about any holiday, when you come to think of it... Christmas (without children, it can be dire), Easter, (without bunnies it can be dire), Valentine's Day, (without a love it can be dire), Thanksgiving (without a turkey it can be dire), Halloween (without the candy it can be dire)... maybe we shouldn't be too hard on our official days to be together and (maybe) happy to be together. But I can understand that there's nothing worse than feeling you have to look and feel happy when you're not. I've felt that over a few Christmases that I spent with my family, whom I love, but without my partner (whom I also love, but missed terribly).

ceez Wrote:the ending of this song pretty much sums up how I feel about today, you can skip to it at 4:38. pretty good song though.

I think I posted this last year :biggrin:. oh well, I'll probably post it next year too Wink

Lol, it's a good reminder if it sums up how you feel... It'll avoid you having to think about a new message to post. However, what if next year you're actually happy the day comes?

Nick9 Wrote:To tell the truth, Valentine's day makes me sad. I am glad we don't celebrate it here. Well, shops owners see their chance, and they try hard, but ordinary people don't care about it.

It saddens me to see how much pressure it puts on people, both in relationship and single.

Why isn't there an official "Me" Day? I mean if we don't love ourselves, who will? Wink
So, for all of us who can't/don't want to celebrate... Take some time to look back and appreciate yourself and what you have acomplished and the way you are. And don't forget to spoil yourself rotten Smile
Actually there is an official ME day, it's called a birthday, Nick, but I agree that Valentine's Day could also be the day when singles treat themselves to a little special something for loving themselves.... Quite a splendid idea.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Yeah happy slit your wrists if you are single day back to you...

Wink
I think I prefer the buy yourself something nice option... lol.. but I get your drift. Why all this pressure?

I pretty much didn't notice much difference in the day.

Well it's a day we survived...err, most of us Tongue

I thought it was going to be another lonely day, but it was made wonderful by the fact that a distant cousin of mine came out over Facebook with his boyfriend! I'm so happy for them both and I bet my cuz will get a kick out of the fact that we've both been closeted the whole time. Ugh the things we could have talked about! Tongue

Also

[Image: tumblr_mickvgDsrT1rqe0pjo1_500.jpg]