Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone else been in this situation?
Brett240 Wrote:Arrgghh --- do NOT talk to me about internet crushes - when I lived in DC I met this guy online who turned out to live in Maryland, like half an hour away. I was totally crushing on him and things got a little intimate online...but when we met IRL, I found out in the most embarrassing way possible that he was transgender. Which is fine in terms of friendship...but when it comes to sex, the body parts just don't do it for me. And he got all pissed off and it was the most awkward night of my life...

Sounds like a tricky situation! I guess online people don't always have to be fully open..
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Sadly, I have not seen him around I a while.

Xandes Wrote:Sadly, I have not seen him around I a while.

By any chance has he changed his username lately...
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

First of all: Welcome Smile

Online crush.. well..

The thing is: Distance is and will be always a problem!
So.. be prepared!

Actually, meeting someone personally is so much better than knowing someone via internet!
Generally, crushes are totally normal in any situation. (e.g. you've never met a hollywood actor, but you can fall in love with him.) However, me, for example, NEED to meet the person in reality. It's a MUST.

I sure have been in this situation. I have some issues socially that make it practically impossible for me to open up to people irl, so people don't tend to stick around long enough for anything meaningful to come of it. But online, people can see who I am under the issues, and it's actually the only way I think I could develop the right bonds with anyone.

It was nearly two years ago on a different forum that I started crushing on this amazing girl who lives in Finland, while I'm in America. I never thought it would work thanks to the distance, but eventually, she convinced me that we might should give it a try, and since she obviously was into me as well, I finally got up the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend. I'm going to go visit her (and meet irl for the first time) in two weeks, and I'm not all that concerned about how it will go because we've been through a lot and I totally trust her.

That said, not all online crushes can or will work out. But they are common, and you should never feel like a pervert for having an online crush.

yeah I know exactly what you mean about crushing over things like this. Right now I am so crushing on a hot sexy and wild 46 year old Cougar. I can't stop thinking about getting my hands on her, washing her, lubing her up for a lang hard ride.

Tell me she's not hot. Just don't jack to the pic
[Image: 1968_Mercury_Cougar_pic1.JPG]

memechose Wrote:yeah I know exactly what you mean about crushing over things like this. Right now I am so crushing on a hot sexy and wild 46 year old Cougar. I can't stop thinking about getting my hands on her, washing her, lubing her up for a lang hard ride.

Tell me she's not hot.
[Image: 1968_Mercury_Cougar_pic1.JPG]

Yeah, that's the stuff Memechose.
Getting me all Hot and Excited.
I used to have a 69 (for real) fast back, slant 6 Barracuda. very cool.

If I had a dollar for every internet crush I've had, I could retire. The other unfortunate thing is they were always one sided too... but I didn't let the fear of them not reciprocating my feelings from telling them how awesome I thought they were. My feelings are still valid even if not returned. A compliment doesn't cost much.

Gideon had an internet crush on me for months before we finally ever talked to each other online. Now, we've been together for six years.

Sometimes? It works out. But even if it doesn't wander down the relationship road, it would be worth sending a note and maybe getting to know him better yeah?

I know this is an old thread but while I'm an ambivert, I have no issue to tell and compliment guys if I like/admire them. In real life and in this forum.

In this forum, I admire guys like Ceez, @Cridders88, Bookworm, @InbetweenDreams to name a few. If you remember, Gayspeak used to have a member named Darren Daz, an Aussie. He's one of my favourite guys too. He's no longer active in GaySpeak but we still keep in touch til this very day. Daz helped me twice. When I was being bothered by a creep online and also accompanying me via phone call when I was admitted into a hospital for a surgery. I think we spoke on phone twice. I remember telling him - If I ever visit Australia, I would drop by to visit him and cook him something.

And shout out to EastofEden for mailing me a Get Well card straight from USA to Malaysia. I still have the card. I think East is no longer active in Gayspeak.

PrinceAlbertofb also assisted me when I was being bothered by a creep online. 

There are a lot of lovely people in Gayspeak.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Jay's post:
  • Cridders88