Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hate when you lose an election and people stop giving to your "charity"
[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] Yes thanks for correcting my minor grammatical error. I sure hope that's not the only thing you took away from my statement though.

Confuzzled, I doubt that intelligent people do not see the whole picture. I am simply dealing with the present. We are in a mess and the cause of it is not so much a concern right now as the fact of it.

Emiliano, a wise fellow for certain, has a good handle on things per his post above.
I bid NO Trump!

kindy64 Wrote:It's almost like, since the Clinton's aren't holding a public office, people aren't interested in their "charity..."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/...tions.html

Really? Who gives a shit either way?

I mean hey don't like Clinton, don't like their foundation, give your money to another foundation...how about the Gates foundation?

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

People downing the OP, throwing out sarcasm or general derailment. Take it for what it is verbatim, the Clintons were corrupt, is this debatable? hardly. It would be hard to hold a position in government and NOT be corrupt.

Is calling the Clintons corrupt ALSO saying Trump is an angel? Absolutely not.
Should someone who points out corruption on any side be ridiculed? NO

If reading another point of view gets your panties in a twist, dont read anything from anyone that might offend or be different from what you think is absolutely correct.

OP thanks for the post, I found it enlightening. Id like to see more dirty laundry from our leaders in the open. I think its the DUTY of the citizens to point out any and ALL corruption they see be it a Republican, Democrat or Independent. This pick and choose depending on your favorite list is allowing allot of dirt to disappear under the rug. Allowing rats to get re-elected into their positions as well as allowing someone like Trump to win a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. The hate between Republicans and Democrats is soo thick its almost palpable, each side see's the other as the enemy RATHER THAN BROTHER AND SISTER AND AMERICAN CITIZENS! Everyone has the family member they dislike, but guess what, they matter just as much as everyone else. Throwing dirt in their face is NOT going to help anyone save perhaps your own twisted sense of happiness watching someone else in pain.

SilverBullet Wrote:People downing the OP, throwing out sarcasm or general derailment. Take it for what it is verbatim, the Clintons were corrupt, is this debatable? hardly. It would be hard to hold a position in government and NOT be corrupt.

Yep, I agree the Clinton's are corrupt, so is Trump. Pretty scary times that we go into an election knowing both candidates are corrupt. I do agree that most politicians that get high up in the government become corrupt because of all the special interests and corporations that really muscle the government around. I mean when the guy who is over the EPA has ties to Exxon (very common, this isn't a new thing with Trump coming in) I mean you have to wonder.

I said who gives a shit because really... I don't care. I know they're corrupt...just kicking the can down the road and knowing that probably 80% of the people here are liberal leaning and despise Fox News anyway, I don't think we're changing minds are really educating people on the fact that Clinton is corrupt.

I just didn't see the thread being particularly productive. I mean people have talked about the election and politics until they wore their fingers down to nubs. In the end I don't think anyone changed their minds on who they were going to support or what they see as being factual.

Quote:Is calling the Clintons corrupt ALSO saying Trump is an angel? Absolutely not.
Should someone who points out corruption on any side be ridiculed? NO

If reading another point of view gets your panties in a twist, dont read anything from anyone that might offend or be different from what you think is absolutely correct.

Trump is an angel? lol Hopefully most people that do support Trump don't have their heads that far up their butt...then again if Clinton had won hopefully her supporters wouldn't think the same thing.

But yeah I think a lot of people...even myself at times, get a little too bothered by political threads...or any subject really. However, I think that is the problem with text communication. I think more people would be willing to have a sane, rational conversation on politics in person... Ok I did say more...some people you just can't have a conversation with lol.

Quote:OP thanks for the post, I found it enlightening. Id like to see more dirty laundry from our leaders in the open. I think its the DUTY of the citizens to point out any and ALL corruption they see be it a Republican, Democrat or Independent. This pick and choose depending on your favorite list is allowing allot of dirt to disappear under the rug. Allowing rats to get re-elected into their positions as well as allowing someone like Trump to win a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. The hate between Republicans and Democrats is soo thick its almost palpable, each side see's the other as the enemy RATHER THAN BROTHER AND SISTER AND AMERICAN CITIZENS!

There's too much dirty laundry. That's what's scary. I guess in this day and age it is more difficult and easier to obscure everything with the internet and social media. I do of course think these crooks should be exposed. However, I think the sad thing is that very little is being done and they skate by anyway.

The divide between liberals and conservatives is a major problem and both sides are guilty as can be with the atrocities. Too many to go into. Very few people can really sit in the middle of the aisle and call bullshit on both sides. People do pick and choose and as counter-productive as it has been I think it is often part of our human nature to be part of a group or social class...so it is Democrat vs. Republican, Microsoft vs. Apple, McDonald's vs. Burger King and so on. So I don't think there's going to be an end to the us vs. them problem...both sides see the other side as the problem.

Quote: Everyone has the family member they dislike, but guess what, they matter just as much as everyone else. Throwing dirt in their face is NOT going to help anyone save perhaps your own twisted sense of happiness watching someone else in pain.

My mother and my aunt haven't got along for some time now. Mostly due to how my aunt stole money and other things from their father after he had a stroke. My cousins also stole money from him too. There was something else that went on about a headstone when I was a kid and I don't really know the details. I try to keep a neutral stance on things. Part of me hates that they're like that and of course much of their relationship is dictated by my dad but that's another thing. I mean my mom has everything wrong with her... heart disease, brain tumors, RA, diabetes, COPD and on and on... I mean there's just not really another oppurtunity or time they're going to get to bury the hatchet and be sister's again. So I know what you mean and I have actually given that a lot of thought over the years. Yeah I would like to see more people be more centered and not just buy into everything Occupy Democrats posts on their Facebook page...or what The Blaze and Rush Limbaugh have to save (I see them as equally BS from my POV). Eh, maybe we'll get there but at any rate we're in for an interesting few years to say the least.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:I said who gives a shit because really... I don't care. I know they're corrupt...just kicking the can down the road and knowing that probably 80% of the people here are liberal leaning and despise Fox News anyway, I don't think we're changing minds are really educating people on the fact that Clinton is corrupt.

When you say who gives a shit you basically imply no one does. And I do, regardless of point of view you can always learn something from someone but too many people are too busy trying to eclipse others ideas with their own instead of simply listen.

I have thought at times the art of conversation is lost unless you read from the same pages as everyone around you. Difference is belittled or ignored or hated. Then I realized so long as ONE person walks away more enlightened from any thread from any one, then the thread was not a waste.

They called Trump supporters stumps for a reason, because they could not be reasoned with or changed. The left has their stumps too even if not by that name. Going by the opinion that the government is too corrupt to say anything IE pointless is equivalent to giving up. Should you then give up on anything that seems daunting?

SilverBullet Wrote:When you say who gives a shit you basically imply no one does. And I do, regardless of point of view you can always learn something from someone but too many people are too busy trying to eclipse others ideas with their own instead of simply listen.

Ok you got me there Tongue Bad context. But I do feel that the subject on Clinton is worn out and it isn't any surprise that donations and donors are on the downside with her losing the election and all the negative press and investigations -- makes sense.

Quote:I have thought at times the art of conversation is lost unless you read from the same pages as everyone around you. Difference is belittled or ignored or hated. Then I realized so long as ONE person walks away more enlightened from any thread from any one, then the thread was not a waste.

Why do people not simply hear out the opposition? I do agree with you on that but why are people unwilling to even consider reading something like this off Fox News?

Quote:They called Trump supporters stumps for a reason, because they could not be reasoned with or changed. The left has their stumps too even if not by that name. Going by the opinion that the government is too corrupt to say anything IE pointless is equivalent to giving up. Should you then give up on anything that seems daunting?

Too many stumps and not enough trees...

Wasn't implying we should just give in and accept the fact that the government is corrupt and just live with it lol. However, I do think it is a long time coming before anything is really done about it to the point where we have a totally different group or party emerge and I see it as wishful thinking. I think things can get better but I think having honest politicians is only but a dream, but not saying to give up and let the crooks win.

I do wonder about conspiracy theories though....maybe the reptilians do have control O_O
Check out my stuff!

lol love you Americans, your starting to act like us lol!!

I did not see this latest election as a contest over corruption, but over competence.
I bid NO Trump!

Not an expert on Clinton and her financial dealings/corruption, but I do have to say that bashing her for that is kind of redundant. Every damn high-rank politician is like that (take a look at Italian politics and then look at Clinton again). Most of the people that go into politics have that as a personality ''requirement'' to be in and stay in politics and to affect any kind of change (if they are inclined to care farther than themselves, which, I think, the Clintons were/are). There's not one innocent 'clean' soul to be found in the field of politics.

So, it's kind of unnecessary. It's like blaming the sun that the weather is too hot. But without the sun, you would be living in the absolute zero inhospitable and lifeless cosmos. What you do is, get an air conditioning installed at your place and dress lightly, and the extra heat is just fine to live with.
''Do I look civilized to you?''