Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have we gone backwards?

Youtube usually has an LGBT Pride video every year, but this year it's getting way more dislikes than usual and the comment section is a mess with a bunch of triggered straight people. It's funny, I know that PC culture and SJWs irritate a lot of people, but the ones I see complaining the most and the ones being triggered is the other side. But what happened between this year and last year. Why am I seeing so much more hate than usual? It kinda feels like we're going backwards.

Then quit watching Trump speeches.
I bid NO Trump!

My partner is a high school teacher, and she has shared that bullying, harassment, and racist statements are on the rise, which she and other teachers equate with Trump's rhetoric. While the kids themselves may not pay attention to Trump, they do pay attention to their parents, and when they pick up that their parents don't like gays, immigrants, blacks, etc, then they feel they can target those kinds and be winked at for it (and sometimes they're absolutely right).

It may be worse than the teachers see because kids of the same group that are targeted are doing worse in school in general.

In the past if a teacher called someone out for a racist statement, the kid was silenced, but now they brag they're not politically correct. It's become a form of rebellion for them, one they won't be punished for (even if the school does anything, the kids' parents will have their back). And bullying (especially against those Trump speaks against) is on the rise.

I can see that being the case in other parts of society as well.

Whoa, when did this become a Trump thread? But are you guys saying Trump is the problem? I'm not super into politics so I barely follow Trump news, but I have heard of the more extreme and infamous Trump stuff that makes headlines. I've heard enough to know that I don't like him at all.

It's more Trump's popularity that emboldens people to act on their more ugly natures than Trump himself. It's like it gives permission to act on these impulses.

I've seen it before on a smaller scale as well, even on GS, but I'm not in the mood to give examples of such ugliness. The point is, you asked what's going on, and we think that's what's going on.

One thing to avoid when watching any potentially controversial video on YouTube are the comments. You will only find a cesspool of trolls, idiots, bigots and just plainly trashy people.

Society is fucked and it is created by the media and social media, it is likely to get worse with everything in general.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Jesus, that comment section is a mess.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Jesus, that comment section is a mess.

Yeah when people have the whole Hitler avatar and swastika crap out, that's when you know the comment section is fucked and is an ill representation of public opinion.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I'm so glad I'm not in school anymore. Or a deep reader of youtube comments.

I kind of, almost definitely, sort of, maybe, really hate most of society sometimes. You know?

I noticed it too, there has been some extra hate starting to rise around the same time as Trump's campaign. he's ruining our country and he hasn't even been elected. but youtube's comment section has always been terrible, you can find racist/homophobic/sexist comments on cute kitten videos. you could just watch those videos that make you cry tears of joy and ignore the comments section, don't watch too many or you'll end up crying all night.

damn it I'm crying again
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]