Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever learned a lesson from loving sb. or from the one you love?
They say when you love a person, you will learn a lesson, Now when I look back on the past, it almost like I fell in love with one person each year (averagely), I do not really remember if I learned any lesson from them, up until last March, a person appeared in my life, he was kinda nice, good-looking, we have been friends for a short time, then he ignored me, I am not sure what made him did that, I figured maybe he was disgusted with my gayness. However, I really appreciate about his appearance in my life, because I really learned some lessons from him, it's not anything like " Don't cry over a person that is not worth your tears ". I learned that my life was such a mess and I had been wasting it in a nonsense way, I woke up at 1 pm when I had a day off, I played games, watched TV, then went to sleep again, I never noticed that I was ignorant about a lot of things, I did not try to learn them to make my life better, I did not even try to do something worthier than sleeping and playing, I also learned that I should not consider my life a burden, I used to listen to the sad songs and totally fell in the lyrics, and cried for a half hour about my so-called pathetic tragic life, in the short time that we were friends, I told him that I want to kill myself, I felt hopeless, then he told me life is full of hopes, and now, I would not say that I am a lot better, but at least I'm happier. I really want to befriend with him again. Because he changed my life, made my life better, Colored my world.

stevenmai Wrote:They say when you love a person, you will learn a lesson, Now when I look back on the past, it almost like I fell in love with one person each year (averagely), I do not really remember if I learned any lesson from them, up until last March, a person appeared in my life, he was kinda nice, good-looking, we have been friends for a short time, then he ignored me, I am not sure what made him did that, I figured maybe he was disgusted with my gayness. However, I really appreciate about his appearance in my life, because I really learned some lessons from him, it's not anything like " Don't cry over a person that is not worth your tears ". I learned that my life was such a mess and I had been wasting it in a nonsense way, I woke up at 1 pm when I had a day off, I played games, watched TV, then went to sleep again, I never noticed that I was ignorant about a lot of things, I did not try to learn them to make my life better, I did not even try to do something worthier than sleeping and playing, I also learned that I should not consider my life a burden, I used to listen to the sad songs and totally fell in the lyrics, and cried for a half hour about my so-called pathetic tragic life, in the short time that we were friends, I told him that I want to kill myself, I felt hopeless, then he told me life is full of hopes, and now, I would not say that I am a lot better, but at least I'm happier. I really want to befriend with him again. Because he changed my life, made my life better, Colored my world.

Just some thoughts for you.

1) If that saying is true (when you love someone you'll learn something), but you didn't learn anything from those other guys, then maybe you never really loved them.

2) I believe that we learn more about ourselves when in a relationship. And that is a good enough reason to keep trying.

Best,
Smile

LateBloomer Wrote:Just some thoughts for you.

1) If that saying is true (when you love someone you'll learn something), but you didn't learn anything from those other guys, then maybe you never really loved them.

2) I believe that we learn more about ourselves when in a relationship. And that is a good enough reason to keep trying.

Best,
Smile

ohh, I second this, although. I think you learn about yourself from everyday life, not just relationships. I've learned to love people, not because I was in a relationship, but because I saw it was the right thing to do.

I think that lessons come in a way that you least expect them. Some are small and hard to notice, while others slap you across the face and change your life forever. Either way, a lesson's a lesson and it's best to accept it(as long as it's not how to become a mass murderer Wink ).

Not to sound like an old man here....

But you are just 20 years old, I seriously doubt you have really been in love with a new person each year - if for that matter really been in love at all.

A person you are in love with does indeed leave a huge impact on you and your life and will leave you with lessons that you will carry with you. Infatuations do not have this profound effect.

But on the other side of this coin, life is a huge school room and we are always learning lessons. Mere strangers we meet can become profound teachers. A single phrase they drop on you in a one off meeting can resound and follow you the rest of the days of your life.

thank you guys. Maybe you guys are right, I did not really love them, it is just infatuation. Confusedmile:
Every friend of mine did say I always sound like or act like an old man......:frown:is that so obvious?