Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Havent been around much.........
Its been quite awhile since I posted something on the site. I havent been around much and if I am around ive been lurking in the shadows. Any hoo Its been nine months since I came out of the closet to my family and friends. The first three months were rough on me but after that things mentally got better for me. At month five I decided to take a step back and stop concentrating on this part of my life so much.

Im doing pretty good at the moment all things considered. I havent taken the oportunity to venture out and find other members of the LGBT community around my area. Im a bit of a social recluse and the whole bar scene definitely aint my cup of tea. I am hoping this summer i can get out of the house more and find some hobbys to do instead of working and being online 24/7. My elderly father moved down from NY to SC to be closer to us kids. He moved in with me till he can find his own place down here and get on his feet. He is driving me bonkers. Long story short I hope he moves out ASAP.

I got a message out of the blue on Monday from a guy that I was best friends in high school with. We were extremely good friends when we were younger. We did every thing together including fooling around in bed for a few years in high school. I eventually put a stop to the activitys in the bedroom due to religous reasons. I soon graduated high school and moved away to college. We went our own separate ways and we havent hung out or chatted to much within the past ten years. I contacted him via Facebook last fall when I came out of the closet and he was supportive. He current identifys as being straight.

The reason he contacted me though because he wants to get the heck out of NY and move down here to SC. He was asking if I knew of any jobs available here. He also asked if he could crash at my place till he can get some money saved up once he is down here and get his own place eventually. NY state sux and no jobs are available right now. I agreed to help him out by letting stay with me. My brother is going to help him find a job. Nothing is set in stone right now. He might come down or he might not. Its to early to tell.

I am excited with the prospect of being reunited with a old friend. I certainly hope he is successful down here and every thing works out for the best once he gets down here. I am a little bit nervous at the same time though. We were never offically in a relationship back in high school. We were best friends with benefits on the side you could say. At this point Im trying to keep my expectations grounded as possible. Being close friends would be okay with me. If something else develops that would be fine with me to. Im going to play it safe and take it one day at a time if he does choose to move down...........Rolleyes

Is your friend out then or was he confused too? Regardless, I'm glad to read things have been getting more comfortable for you and it may be good to have this friend come down regardless of what happens. If he's outgoing, maybe at the very least it'll help you guys to meet some mutual friends in the area to hang with. You certainly don't have to go to bars etc., there are those of us that prefer things being more low-key Smile

jbrowder24 Wrote:Is your friend out then or was he confused too? Regardless, I'm glad to read things have been getting more comfortable for you and it may be good to have this friend come down regardless of what happens. If he's outgoing, maybe at the very least it'll help you guys to meet some mutual friends in the area to hang with. You certainly don't have to go to bars etc., there are those of us that prefer things being more low-key Smile

Thanks for the reply. Its kinda hard to put a name on what me and my friend did in high school. Neither one of us self identified as nothing but straight back then. We were "experimenting" and both of us kept our activities a closely guarded secret. I guess you could say I ran into the closet when I was 18 and didnt come back out till I was 28. Currently I would identify as being bisexual. My friend currently identifies as being straight. At this point Ill just be glad to have a good friend back around if he does choose to move down.

It's good to see you posting again.
You sound stronger from all you've gone through.
I hope everything continues to go well. Confusedmile:

I agree with azulai and jbrowder, you sound like your on the right track and focusing on whats right for you in your life, and taking things one day at a time is good advice to yourself.
I hope things work out for the best for you. Confusedmile:

im glad things for you is really working out and for some reason i really think your so called straight friend likes you a lottttt.
thats just my opinion

Good luck Smile

UPDATE: My friend moved down this past week after two months of waiting and indecisiveness. Its been great having him down here and having a great friend back. I hadnt hung out out with him in ten years. Yet as soon as he came down we picked up our friendship right where we left off. Friends like that are hard to find (at least for me). Initially I was nervous about him coming down but that dissipated once we started talking again. I was sorta confused about what happened between us in our teen years and had some unanswered questions. I was hesitant to bring up the past since he identifies as being straight as a arrow. I was playing it safe out of respect for him and figured I would let him break the ice so to speak. The ice got broken last night and we became friends with benefits again. Physically it wasnt very satisfying but mentally it was a important milestone for me. I came out last fall and accepted myself but it has been kinda hard to completely be okay with it since I have been celibate. I had been running from my sexuality for a long time and last night put my mind more at ease.Confusedmile:

thats very good to hear im so proud of youSmile

Glad things are going well for you, I know from your previous posts that you find it difficult to make connections and be at ease with other guys, so your confidence should get a boost from your current situation and help you on your learning curve, and its always nice to reacquaint with old friends again, benefits or not Wink

Enjoy Confusedmile: