Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hayfever
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering, do any of you suffer from hayfever?
I'm not very clued up on this, but basically about a month ago, I caught a cold. I knew it was a cold as I had the banging headache just before I had the constantly running nose, followed by the sore throat and the tickly cough. All the classic symptoms of a cold.

Well all the symptoms have been and gone 2 weeks ago now, but the runny nose is still persisting of a morning and an evening and my nose is constantly SOOOOO sore and when I blow it, it's quite painful and sometimes has traces of blood in it. Also got really itchy eyes at times but I don't know whether to put that down to tiredness or not.

So basically what I am asking is, sufferers of hayfever, do you think that this is just the reminants of the cold plus tiredness or hayfever? Coz Ian seems to think it's hayfever and I really don't want it to be. I used to get it as a child at school of a morning only... the watering/sore eyes and sneezing fits and runny noses and stuffed sinuses etc. But I kinda grew out of it... so as you can guess, I don't want it to come back and haunt me again!!

The little that I know about hay fever is that it's caused by allergies.Have you been allergic to anything prior to this?I'm not sure whether they result in skin irritation or not but I know that airborne particles that are the culprits.If your cold has lasted more than the normal period then I know it's not a normal cold anymore.

Dan1089 Wrote:The little that I know about hay fever is that it's caused by allergies.Have you been allergic to anything prior to this?I'm not sure whether they result in skin irritation or not but I know that airborne particles that are the culprits.If your cold has lasted more than the normal period then I know it's not a normal cold anymore.

That's just it though, especially nowadays, how do you define 'normal period' for a cold? It varies so much.

Speak of the devil, just had another sneezing fit.
I am only allergic to something in bubble bath, that is it. It brings me out in big red rash. But not allergic to anything internally as far as I'm aware at least.

Well i get hayfever (though it hasn't started for me yet this year so fingers crossed) and i have to say it does sound like hayfever to me, though as i'm not a doctor i wouldn't rely on a word i'm saying lol.

Hey.

I'm not a doctor yet, but i'm a 4th yr medical student. It sounds to me like a persisting cold. With hayfever, you usually get watery eyes, because it's controlled by the same ganglion. If you want, you can try some anti-histamines and see if that helps. If it does, it'll more likely be hayfever. The other alternative if to take some paracetamol (regularly) for a few days and see if that helps!

Plenty of fluid, plenty of rest!

If i can be of any help, pls let me know.

Vincent

And, here's a gd website about hayfever, symptoms and treatments for patients.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/art...icleId=453#

V

I have very mild hayfever... only get a reaction when the weather is scorching and the pollen count is very high. I think I had a slight hayfever episode last Wednesday... was doing cardio outdoors and got the sneezes and stinging eyes for a brief period.

Some days i go out drugged up to my eyeballs with hayfever meds. I get it bad, sometimes to the point where i cant breathe

My b/f gets hayfever really bad, but I (thank God) don't ...

... here's the wiki article on hayfever in case that helps in addition to VW256's medical site ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayfever

ALL HAIL WIKIPEDIA !!

*stomps and salutes*

Hehe Lol2.

xxx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!