Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head of the Catholic Church Resigns
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:If the name of the next pop is Peter, beware, the end of the world is soon to follow...

St. Malachi predicted X number of popes... There is one more after Benedict, or so the prophecy says.

Its begun....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21421810

Mexicanwave
ObW
X

I think I should probably say just as a general reminder:
There are gay Catholics, and there was at least one on this forum at one point; so try not be too mean.

OlderButWiser Wrote:I think the fact that he announced his resignation speech in Latin really sums up all that is wrong with the Church in general and the papacy in particular.

One of the most important Catholic statements since the 14/15th Century (last time a Pope resigned rather than died/was killed in office) and he makes it in a dead language. Enough said.

It's the lingua franca of the Catholic Church, it is the only language all members of the clergy speak. What difference would it have made to do the speech in his native German or in Italian?

Genersis Wrote:I think I should probably say just as a general reminder:
There are gay Catholics, and there was at least one on this forum at one point; so try not be too mean.

The golden rule says to do onto others as you'd have them do onto you. Therefore the Catholic Church, especially the papacy, being mean to us means they WANT us to be mean to them. :tongue:

But seriously, I do get tired of this, "Let them kick us about all they want, publicly and from the highest offices, but we have to pretend it's only a few loonies without power or significance rather than the people who run the show with a lot of political clout over our lives and even pushed to have us killed (as the last pope did by blessing an Uganda politician as she was prepared to vote in favor of a 'kill the gays' bill) wherever they think they can get away with it." Saying playing nice with Catholics to me sounds like telling blacks to be nice to the KKK.

I realize not all Catholics are so vile, but for gods sake they need to wake up and demand changes of their church, or at least not act so surprised that we don't pretend right along with them that it's really ok, that their church really doesn't mean it like some battered woman who swears her husband who beats her up is a good man and people shouldn't judge him, not even when he tries to beat up people who AREN'T his wife.

You have to admit... he has one HELL of a wardrobe!