Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
I'm from North Carolina, 22 years old. I've been having a hard time finding someone for me. I've been out since I was 15 and, don't date much. Last time I was in a relationship was a year ago and before that 3 years. Where I live there isn't really a way to meet other gay guys and it's getting a bit depressing. Would love to get some advice or something and I guess that's why I'm here.

Hallo Jimmy! Welcome. Aww, it's okay. I've never dated anyone (man or woman), but there are a lot of helpful people in here who you can talk to. Don't feel so alone, although, talking to peoples on the internet can be somewhat cold, we're always here if you need someone to talk to or just to hang out. But yeah...Welcome! haha :redface:

Welcome to GS, eskimojimmy. Confusedmile:

Are you in school? If so, do they have an LGBT Center?
Or, if you are working, is there any chance your job allows for travel or relocation?

There are dating sites you could try. I think the one I've seen recommended is okcupid.

I'm sure others will stop by who can give you better advice.

I hope you enjoy the site! Confusedmile:

Mrmatty376 Wrote:Hallo Jimmy! Welcome. Aww, it's okay. I've never dated anyone (man or woman), but there are a lot of helpful people in here who you can talk to. Don't feel so alone, although, talking to peoples on the internet can be somewhat cold, we're always here if you need someone to talk to or just to hang out. But yeah...Welcome! haha :redface:

Thanks, I just don't know what I should do really. My biggest problem is approaching people, I think. Don't want someone think that I am assuming they are gay, and it get weird.

azulai Wrote:Welcome to GS, eskimojimmy. Confusedmile:

Are you in school? If so, do they have an LGBT Center?
Or, if you are working, is there any chance your job allows for travel or relocation?

There are dating sites you could try. I think the one I've seen recommended is okcupid.

I'm sure others will stop by who can give you better advice.

I hope you enjoy the site! Confusedmile:

I work and, relocation isn't really an option. I have had to take care of myself most of my life and I'm just getting on my feet good.

I've tried things like plenty of fish and some others, but not okcupid.

Welcome!! I know how you feel... same age... although I've never dated anyone... still looking. It can definitely seem staggering, but hey keep your chin up! there's plenty of great people here who are more than willing to help out and talk about most any topic you desire. So I hope you enjoy the site and the community which it draws. Best of luck finding that guy! Wink

eskimojimmy Wrote:Thanks, I just don't know what I should do really. My biggest problem is approaching people, I think. Don't want someone think that I am assuming they are gay, and it get weird.

I understand completely. I honestly have nothing to give to you as advice as I am in the same situation, pretty much, but it's not like you have to tell them right away, I mean, there's nothing wrong with approaching someone just to talk or be friends. You never know what'll happen after that. There are a ton of people who are closed because their society doesnt accept it. If you were to know me at school or work, you'd never guess that I'm gay. At least it's not the first thought. So I guess it's just best to go out and see what happens. Dunno, just my thought...Confusedmile:

Well, I feel like I get hit on most by straight guys, if that makes sense. Then I just get confused or start liking them to then get something like "I'm just friendly"

It kinda makes sense, i dunno, not too sure what you mean... A few days ago I brought up my...situation...on here and asked for help. It's kinda similar, liking a straight guy. But I got some good advice on that. But anywho, I dunno what to say man, I mean, I understand how things are going for you, im pretty much on the same boat. Your not alone though, give it time, ask around here for help. Things will get better

Hi Jimmy welcome.Welcome