Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello !
Hi !

Well, don't know very well if I have my place here, but why don't try ?

Im a french woman (two reasons for maybe not being in the right place, but I hope it won't be the case), 20 years old.
I found a very nice (french) forum one year ago and I still read/post on it. And I wanted to know if such a forum exists in english. So I found GS ^^

What about me ?
I'm in an engineering school, I'm interested in juggling with fire (I don't know if you know "poï" or things like that)(I'm not performing a lot, but I like it, and it's my more particular hobby).

Well... what else ?

Don't know, just feel like reading you ^^

Well, i guess ill be the first one to welcome you. I have a friend who lives in France Smile And that sounds pretty darn dangerous, but fun.

[SIZE=2]Big Welcome!:biggrin:
[/SIZE]
Women are more than welcome on this site!(They're just a bit of a rarityRolleyes)
And I'm sure this community is proud to have members from every cornner of the world!
Hope you enjoy your time here!:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Welcome to GS hope ur gona have fun Smile

Hey, welcome to the site, hope you enjoy it here Big Grin

Thanks for the welcome ! Smile

nighthawk Wrote:Well, i guess ill be the first one to welcome you. I have a friend who lives in France Smile And that sounds pretty darn dangerous, but fun.

Well I don't know, I don't think so, but maybe I'm lucky.
I can be outside with my girlfriend whitout any problem (some bad glance, maybe...)
But i know it isn't the case in all the cities (and particularly not in the country), it's true.

How is it in the USA ? or in the UK ?
Where do most of you come from, by the way ? (difficult for me to have a good view just by reading)

Mashiro Wrote:Thanks for the welcome ! Smile

Well I don't know, I don't think so, but maybe I'm lucky.
I can be outside with my girlfriend whitout any problem (some bad glance, maybe...)
But i know it isn't the case in all the cities (and particularly not in the country), it's true.

How is it in the USA ? or in the UK ?
Where do most of you come from, by the way ? (difficult for me to have a good view just by reading)
I think nighthawk was talking about the fire jugglingWink.
The majority of posters on this site are from the UK and as like with all countrys Homophobia levels tends to vairy depending on the local area.
Although I asume there is a little less homophobia here in the UK than in the US due to religon having a little less grip(or am I asuming wrong?:confusedSmile
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Hello, Mashiro, and welcome to Gayspeak. I'm delighted to see another French person here. I've always thought there should be lesbians in Brest and I'm delighted to know that there are Rolleyes I love listening and dancing to traditional Breton music (I was a big fan of Alan Stivell when I was a teenager ) many, many years ago!) and find the baghads very stirring Smile

I am from England although I spend as much time as I can with my French partner, princealbertofb, at our place in Haute-Savoie. We've been together for over seven years. I'm in H-S now, although I have to go back to England on Wednesday to work.

Genersis Wrote:I think nighthawk was talking about the fire jugglingWink.

How to be thought to be an idiot in 2 lessons :o
It's due to my difficulties in English, of course.... what else ? :biggrin:

It's a shame that religion and homosexuality are (almost) always in confrontation... What I like in religion (if I should keep something from my light religious familial education) it's the idea of "loving each other" etc. But it's not the most important thing for some people Cry

I don't know a lot of lesbians from Brest, but I'm sure there are a lot of gay men ^^
I don't know Brest very well however, I'm just here for the study. I'm from Lyon (closer to Haute-Savoie Wink )
I like Breton dances, too. (but above all the cider and the bier... i'm a lesbian Cool :biggrin: )

marshlander, is it not too difficult to do the round trip ?
I think about spending one year in the UK, for an intership, but I'm not sure my girlfriend is really glad about it ^^'

Mashiro Wrote:...I'm from Lyon (closer to Haute-Savoie Wink )
I like Breton dances, too. (but above all the cider and the bier... i'm a lesbian Cool :biggrin: )
I love Lyon! For years I have had my eye on a shirt in the window of a shop that sells beautiful medieval-style clothes. PA and I will no doubt be going to Lyon in August where we shall probably arrange to meet up with another friend on here, Sabrina (and her family) who are all from England, but visit other family members in that area. We'd be happy to meet you too if you are there Smile

Mashiro Wrote:...marshlander, is it not too difficult to do the round trip ?
I think about spending one year in the UK, for an intership, but I'm not sure my girlfriend is really glad about it ^^'
Yes, it is difficult. I often feel like I am in the wrong country. However we have been together for more than seven years and I generally make the journey at least once a month. Sadly, after I return to England on Wednesday, it will be two months before we can be together again. We haven't been apart for such a long time in many years and I am not looking forward to it. Unfortunately I need the work. :o

I think you should consider spending time in the UK. If you end up near an airport served by EasyJet, you and your girlfriend should be able to arrange to have time together and it may not be too expensive. It's only for one year. Spending an extended time in another country becomes more difficult once you have a job, family and other things to worry about.