Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello - New
Is your uncle gay? Or is he a substitute for an absent father figure?
Hugo Boss is very very chic, and expensive so I understand.... good choice though.

About them being some of the hardest words to say, I quite agree. They are hard, but now you've done part of the coming out process... it'll get easier. Michael would have said that you never cease to come out, it's an on going process, in fact, but you've got to start somewhere... Your family, why not? But then, sometimes it's easier to start with a close, non judgmental friend... Is that how you started?

princealbertofb Wrote:Is your uncle gay? Or is he a substitute for an absent father figure?
Hugo Boss is very very chic, and expensive so I understand.... good choice though.

About them being some of the hardest words to say, I quite agree. They are hard, but now you've done part of the coming out process... it'll get easier. Michael would have said that you never cease to come out, it's an on going process, in fact, but you've got to start somewhere... Your family, why not? But then, sometimes it's easier to start with a close, non judgmental friend... Is that how you started?

I could barely bring out the words!

Now my uncle is very very much the ladies man, he took me to a straight strip club (before he knew - it has become our little joke now :biggrinSmile but I had a better time than I would have thought. Although, the breasts were a bit too much at times. I honestly, don't get the fascination.

Yes, my dad passed away when I was 11. My dad suspected I was gay and enrolled me on every martial arts club and football to toughen me up, although I hated those years of my life. I love my father so much, and miss him a lot, and don't blame him but his Italian upbringing.

I remember my mum telling me when I came out, that my dad suspected and had only tried to change me (to make my life easy) but that he always loved me and worried about how life would be like for me. Naturally, we cried. Cry

I bought an expensive Hugo Boss leather jacket, and now have to compensate Wink

Hugo Boss Wrote:I could barely bring out the words!

Now my uncle is very very much the ladies man, he took me to a straight strip club (before he knew - it has become our little joke now :biggrinSmile but I had a better time than I would have thought. Although, the breasts were a bit too much at times. I honestly, don't get the fascination.

Yes, my dad passed away when I was 11. My dad suspected I was gay and enrolled me on every martial arts club and football to toughen me up, although I hated those years of my life. I love my father so much, and miss him a lot, and don't blame him but his Italian upbringing.

I remember my mum telling me when I came out, that my dad suspected and had only tried to change me (to make my life easy) but that he always loved me and worried about how life would be like for me. Naturally, we cried. Cry

Sorry to hear about your dad... but that is such a great story... also Italian Dad here and Yugo mom but they are both first gen Americans. Surprisingly enough my dad is one of those types who just says everything is OK as long as ya dont harm yourself or others. Mom is a bit of a religious nut...

had a friend take my to a strip club for my 21st. They knew I was gay but there was a surprise waiting for me... didnt know a friend stripped there and stripped with a snake :eek:

the waterbed with the two friends (women) was not very relaxing :eek:

btw, figured you werent getting hitched soon as your listed as single :biggrin:

Is your uncle on Mum's side, or on dad's Italian side??? It was your father's way of dealing with the unutterable, I guess. I'm sure he loved you, bless his soul, but sometimes fathers have difficulty with admitting that their sons are not a reflection of themselves.
It's nice that your uncle is supportive, quite honestly.

fjp999 Wrote:Sorry to hear about your dad... but that is such a great story... also Italian Dad here and Yugo mom but they are both first gen Americans. Surprisingly enough my dad is one of those types who just says everything is OK as long as ya dont harm yourself or others. Mom is a bit of a religious nut...

had a friend take my to a strip club for my 21st. They knew I was gay but there was a surprise waiting for me... didnt know a friend stripped there and stripped with a snake :eek:

the waterbed with the two friends (women) was not very relaxing :eek:

btw, figured you werent getting hitched soon as your listed as single :biggrin:

my mum is French and was a religious one when it suits her. :tongue:

I don't get what "getting hitched" means but I am hopefully going to go on a date with someone. I also have someone else who likes me ... and also wants to go on a date. But I have my law exams in a month so I am studying now. And after than hopefully we'll see.

princealbertofb Wrote:Is your uncle on Mum's side, or on dad's Italian side??? It was your father's way of dealing with the unutterable, I guess. I'm sure he loved you, bless his soul, but sometimes fathers have difficulty with admitting that their sons are not a reflection of themselves.
It's nice that your uncle is supportive, quite honestly.

He told me he was quite homophobic and it was only when he went out into the world and realised there is nothing wrong with gays, and it is also about love. Confusedmile:
He is great. He offered to take me to a gay bar to help me - of course I couldn't go with my uncle!! :eek: hehe
He is from my mother's side.
My grandparents don't understand it at all. That is their position, and they say they don't care - all they know is that they love me. Cool

Hugo Boss Wrote:He told me he was quite homophobic and it was only when he went out into the world and realised there is nothing wrong with gays, and it is also about love. Confusedmile:
He is great. He offered to take me to a gay bar to help me - of course I couldn't go with my uncle!! :eek: hehe
He is from my mother's side.
My grandparents don't understand it at all. That is their position, and they say they don't care - all they know is that they love me. Cool

So far, so good... take all the love you can take... it's such a rare commodity, sometimes.

Hugo Boss Wrote:I could barely bring out the words!

Ciao ciaooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Parli italiano? :biggrin:

Lovely story, i am happy for you that you get the family support you need on your coming out. Sorry to hear about your dad, i totally understand his approach though - if someone bullied you at school you d have a Bruce Lee move handy! lol it was really sweet of him. Do you remember any moves from the martial arts class? hehe

Welcome to GS!

hello how are you i hope you like it here!Confusedmile:

spotysocks Wrote:Ciao ciaooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Parli italiano? :biggrin:

Lovely story, i am happy for you that you get the family support you need on your coming out. Sorry to hear about your dad, i totally understand his approach though - if someone bullied you at school you d have a Bruce Lee move handy! lol it was really sweet of him. Do you remember any moves from the martial arts class? hehe

Welcome to GS!

Malheureusement, je ne parle pas italien, c'ets français seulement Cool

Yeah I remember several things from the classes, especially the changing rooms Wink