Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone :0 I am a newcomer

Very brief intro: I am a 22 year old college student finishing up my bachelor's degree of psychology; one more semester left. Yay! I'm from LA, New Orleans. I love to watch tv. series that are based on action, drama, and fantasy. I watch anime too. I seldom play videogames anymore, but I'm still into Pokémon, Yugioh, Final fantasy, and Kingdom hearts. I also have a fondness for reptiles and amphibians even though I don't have one... yet! I do have dogs though. Two miniature schnauzers.

Anyways, I've recently told all my family (one person left to tell) and friends that I'm gay. Virtually everyone "already knew" lol. Most of my friends are straight women though. But I now have 3 gay friends. My closest friend suggested I use a gay forum to understand the gay community more. So here I am.

I'm not quite sure what forums are for though ._. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. Oh! And it's a pleasure to meet you all ^.^

Welcome along Sherman Smile. Good to hear that your coming out journey seems to have been good so far. As for what the forum is for? Well, I guess it's a safe place to vent frustrations, ask for help if you need it, and just to chat away with other like minded people. Generally, we seem to be a friendly bunch here Smile

Enjoy Welcome

Welcome and congratulations on sucsessfully coming out.
Forums are just places where people can share ideas and views on a particular issue. If you've got an idea, or if you're Curious or confused about something.

Well then just post about that here and queerfolk from across the world will share their opinions on it. Some of the members here are downright wise.

Welcome here. Make your se'f t' home!

After a very short time you will see taht folks here are friendly and willing to help where they can.

Being from New Orleans, you hae the advantage of experiencing of of the world's greatest laboratories of gay behavior. My, oh my!
I bid NO Trump!

TigerLover is spot on, People here have been helpful and talked me out of doing some really dumb stuff, its a good place to bounce ideas off people and get their feedback.

Werlcome to GaySpeak Sherman. Others have explained the use of this formum and I will just add that it doesn't necessarily have to do with sexuality. You can post just about anything here so, enjoy your stay. Just remember that your first 50 posts are moderated (to weed out trolls) so don't be disappointed if you don't get immediate replies.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Welcome to Gayspeak Sherman!

I guess forums might seem a bit oldschool today in the world of snapchat, instagram etc, but here you can have serious (or less serious) talks about your thoughts, interests, fears, issues, whatever, as anonymously as you want, without your real friends knowing. Over the time, you might find some good new (online) friends here.

Have a good time here Smile

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome, thanks for the nice introduction and look forward to seeing more from you. Smile
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Thank you for being the first to reply lol. My coming out journey really has been easier than thought. Although my last obstacle is facing my catholic mother who will probably cry a lot. I mean ... eventually she'll get over it, I hope. I plan on telling her when my dad comes back from offshore. He can help cushion the blow, since I already told him. Oh and I do get a safe vibe around here. That's definitely a plus.

Seriously though, why is Gayspeaks' emoji game is so whack? . ._. I feel some type of way because I'm big on cute emojis.