Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from La La Land :P
In other words, Los Angeles, for those of you who aren't familiar with the phrase. lol

I'm very excited that I found this site (what would we do without google), and I can't wait to start talking to other people and hopefully even meeting new people in the LGBT community.

Anyway, my goal right now is to truly and entirely find myself and be happy and confident with who I am. For too long I've struggled with this issue. First it was accepting the fact that I'm gay, but thankfully I'm out in full and am very happy. Now the next step for me personally is, being able express who I really am with confidence. Unfortunately, I care too much about what other people think of me or how they see me. I feel like I've been living my life to please other people too much and doing my best to feel "accepted," not learning on how to be self-confident.

Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I have to follow the stereotypical image of a gay man. I hope this site and the community in here will help me achieve this goal and live my life to its fullest. Smile

Hello, welcome and good luck with reaching your goals. Wink

Hello from the bottom of the world Kiwi Land I'm also new on here and happy that i found this and hope to chat to same nice people

hello welcome to GS enjoy your stayConfusedmile:

Welcome to gay speak,
Hope ya enjoy your time here... I came out in my teens and it was difficult but within time your find where you are destined to lie

Welcome to gay speak too..........

Hello and welcome.

Welcome to GaySpeak, SunsetB. I'm sure you'll find your confidence with time... So my question to you would be what pursuits do you have in life? What makes you tick, what are you good at?... I guess this is one way to become truly yourself, when you've got a career in mind, or some goal in life, like having a family and kids, or achieving the highest score in tests, or winning a tournament etc... What are you striving for at the moment? Given that you are still young, I'll bet you are still studying... right?

Welcome! And you're right, realizing you're gay doesn't mean you have to change how you act or what you like... just keep being you! Smile

princealbertofb Wrote:Welcome to GaySpeak, SunsetB. I'm sure you'll find your confidence with time... So my question to you would be what pursuits do you have in life? What makes you tick, what are you good at?... I guess this is one way to become truly yourself, when you've got a career in mind, or some goal in life, like having a family and kids, or achieving the highest score in tests, or winning a tournament etc... What are you striving for at the moment? Given that you are still young, I'll bet you are still studying... right?

Sorry if this was a really long introduction you guys. But thank you princealbert for asking. Smile

Some of my pursuits in life are to travel and live in other countries for a bit speak other languages, and experience different cultures. I have an interest in the Fashion industry, and I do like putting outfits together for myself, but I steer more towards the business side of the industry. I've been told that I communicate well to and with others.

Yes, I am studying, currently at a community college and working on transferring to a 4-year. My dream is to be able to work for or work with a European fashion label in either marketing or PR or both. Smile

Although this seems to be a very stereotypical kind of career path, this is definitely where I want to be in the future. But that isn't all that I am.