Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Phones.
Not sure why I'm asking this on gay forums but I'm gonna buy a new phone, and I need some help deciding which one to buy, so I thought maybe you guys could give me some advice? Big Grin

DO NOT get anything made by LG.
They work about a year, then start fucking up real bad.

HTC, Samsung, and Nokia are good phones.
Ive also had a couple of Kyocera phones which were very durable and long lasting.

It also depends on if you want something from Apple, Android, or Windows.
And what type of phone do you want? And what functions are going to be most important to you.....Basic functions, computer functions, online functions, video/music functions?

I don't know much about phones, but I think Tinks is right about Samsung, I've had the same old flip phone for 5-odd years and it's shown little sign of breaking down.

OH OH OH, well, I mainly use it for Social Networks and stuff, I was thinking about an IPhone 4, but I wanted to see if someone had a better opinion or something? ;D

I would never touch anything made by Apple. Gimmicky crap made to sell at over-inflated prices.

But if thats what you want......go for it.

There are always other options that are cheaper though.

You might also look at carriers and the phones they offer.
You might want pay as you go or a monthly contracted plan.

I have Virgin Mobile as my carrier. I have had them for over 15 years now, and I love them.
I have a pay as you go plan, so I dont have any outrageous charges that they put on contract plans.
And I get a new phone every other year. I buy my phones off of Ebay. I get a new phone for half the retail price.

There are so many options, you just have to do a lot of "shopping" to see what brand has the features you want.

Here is the Virgin Mobile link for Colombia (I think).....
http://www.virginmobile.co/

This is one of my areas of interest, I keep up to date with phone tech and news.

A good place to start is:
How big are your hands, and how deep are your pockets?

Secondary questions would be:
How important is camera quality to you?
How important is battery life to you?
How important is screen quality to you?

My phone is an android from Koodo... For what it's worth, both the phone and the company are preferred by me. I got the Nexus 4, which is as good as some phones that are double it's price, as for the plans, they're nothing special, I did get a "special limited time" plan though --- also note that a plan is better than a contract that you sell your soul too. Unless for some reason you really want a contract. Maybe that'll help a bit.

I have an iPhone 4 and I like it. The battery life is good and so is the camera. To me it fits my needs and my brother got it for me so I didnt pass it up

What I'd suggest is not to get a phone that everyone is buying because it has "more features because that just makes it harder to use and less efficient.

you want a phone with good battery life, which is hard to come by nowadays and a simple phone.

I have a galaxy s3 and it's pretty good because I know its going to be user friendly and you can even buy better batteries to put in.

But it does come with lots of bloatware and because its got so much going on it tends to be a bit buggy and be slow (mind you If I made a few adjustments it xould be much better. I'll do it later)

AND get a smallish phone because the one thing I hate about my phone is how big it is and how difficult it is to hold/type on. Its impossible to use with one hand usually. And I have freaking big hands. Like piano finger hands or Yaoi hands (not that big. Thats a bit weird)

You also have to remember that a LOT of the electronic parts of the phones are also changing from one form to another. This includes running systems, system ware, memory capabilities, and things like that.

I was saving up for a Galaxy S4, but Virgin isnt carrying them. I had to get something to replace my previous phone because it was screwing up so badly....so I got a lower grade of Galaxy style phone.
Although its good, it does not have a lot of the system features I want or need on it.

I would say one of the big issues you need to keep in mind is the storage capacity. On my phones I have the option of adding storage space by using an SD card. On my previous phones all of my photos, music, and apps saved to the SD card so the internal phone storage and memory could be used for running the phone more efficiently.

My new phone does not allow you to save apps onto the SD card. I can save all my music and photos on there, but its a pain in the ass, because it wont do it automatically....I have to hook it up to my pc and move all the files manually, everytime I put some new stuff on my phone. Because it wont let me save my apps to the SD card, they get stored on the phones hard storage, which takes up room. And if I have too many apps installed, my phone runs real slow and even starts screwing up. So I have to keep limited apps on it.

If you have anyone in your family/school/work who is a techie guru, then I would suggest talking to them. Not all techies know about phones, but most of them do. I would get some suggestions on what you might need in a phone, for the uses you will want it for.

There are also Android, Apple, and Windows online forums specifically for the phones that are made for these systems. You can register on them and ask your questions to them also.