Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Phones.
It's very personnal, not that I am an Apple fanboy, but I like iPhone for the reason it is very stable since the OS is built for the phone (less security failure for apps which need it for example) and the design is very intuitive.

I think iPhone 4 is a good choice if they don't install the new OS, which is optimized for later iPhones.
iPhone 5 is still way too expensive.

Samsung seems to be a good choice also. I don't really know it, I just don't like the ergonomy, but it's personal.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I would never touch anything made by Apple. Gimmicky crap made to sell at over-inflated prices.

But if thats what you want......go for it.

There are always other options that are cheaper though.

You might also look at carriers and the phones they offer.
You might want pay as you go or a monthly contracted plan.

I have Virgin Mobile as my carrier. I have had them for over 15 years now, and I love them.
I have a pay as you go plan, so I dont have any outrageous charges that they put on contract plans.
And I get a new phone every other year. I buy my phones off of Ebay. I get a new phone for half the retail price.

There are so many options, you just have to do a lot of "shopping" to see what brand has the features you want.

Here is the Virgin Mobile link for Colombia (I think).....
http://www.virginmobile.co/

I didn't read your post because you sig distracted me, but I sense that you said that apple was bad or something D: and from my experience their stuff feels unbreakable tbh

Genersis Wrote:This is one of my areas of interest, I keep up to date with phone tech and news.

A good place to start is:
How big are your hands, and how deep are your pockets?

Secondary questions would be:
1- How important is camera quality to you?
2- How important is battery life to you?
3- How important is screen quality to you?

My hands are big... too big :C my pockets o: well I have plenty of pockets all over my clothing so it's not a problem I guess.

1- Important D:
2- Important ;D
3- It doesn't really matter to me :3

Ekwarph Wrote:It's very personnal, not that I am an Apple fanboy, but I like iPhone for the reason it is very stable since the OS is built for the phone (less security failure for apps which need it for example) and the design is very intuitive.

I think iPhone 4 is a good choice if they don't install the new OS, which is optimized for later iPhones.
iPhone 5 is still way too expensive.

Samsung seems to be a good choice also. I don't really know it, I just don't like the ergonomy, but it's personal.

I love you :3

Nokia 3210. Or 3310 if you need Snake II (?)

When I asked the pocket size thing, I kinda meant that as in how much are you willing to spend.:redface:
Well, either way, these are my recommendations, listing if they are mid range or high end to give you an idea of price:

Android:
LG Nexus 5(High end, but mid range price)
LG G2(High end)

Windows Phone:
Nokia Lumia 720(Mid range)
Better battery life, better camera and more compact compared to the Lumia 625.
Nokia Lumia 625(Mid range)
Marginally more powerful and a bigger screen compared to the Lumia 720.
Nokia Lumia 1020(High end)

Apple iOS:
Any from iPhone 4 onwards should be okay, they're normally considered average in battery life, and slightly above average in camera performance.
Expect to pay a fair bit if you want the 5, 5S or 5C.

This all my opinion of course, but I hope it helps you form an idea of what you want.Confusedmile:

Im a phone guy Smile

So here are a few questions you need to ask yourself:

1. Do you want Android, Apple OS or Windows as your operating system?. Those are your three mainstream choices. There is a few linux out there, but nothing worth mentioning.

2. Windows phones are pretty cool at the moment (Nokia 1020 with a 41Meg camera) but the app's store is still growing and tiny compared to IOS or Android.

3. You want IOS - only one manufacturer, very expensive, and actually not a great phone (iPhone4's had all sorts of antenna problems) Looks cool, but very data hungry, even when your don't think your using it. It continually sends all sorts of data around. So if mobile data is expensive, expect big bills!

4. Android - Has lots of manufacturers, high end and expensive to solid low cost smartphones. Basically something for everyone's wallet. Sony, Samsung, Google, HTC, Huawei all hot at the moment.

Do some reading - http://www.knowyourmobile.com/sony/sony-...e-buy-2013

I have iPhone 4s, 5, Samsung Galaxy 4, Note2 and Note 3.

My dream phone (if it was made) would be a Nokia 1020 running Android Smile

ObW
X