Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please :/
Hey there mate,

I went though, well still going a few problems that are similar to you, but I got the added problem of being disabled and getting worse year by year the future scares the hell out of me to the point I haven't slept a full night in only 20 years. I got so much to worry about and trust me I know how being lovely feels I only have a few mates in this world. I lost a few of my close, what I were close friends three years ago as I thought the world was about to end (turns out some of the pills I was taking for some back pain I was in at the time was coursing me to be delusional and paranoid). At the same time I dated a few guys and ended up with a nut that had a thing for disabled guys.

I have a lot more other problems too but I don't need to go into that on this thread lol!

The biggest thing that keeps me going is a very simple thing I tell myself; You never know what is around the corner it could be bad or good you just don't know what is around that corner. My other saying is shit happens lol! Not sure how that last thing will help lol!

Ive started to try and be proactive about life looking for the good even in the bad things that happen to me and try and put a good spin on everything.

I know it is hard sometimes to try and keep positive about things when you are in that dark place, but more you start putting a positive spin on things then stuff starts to feel a little better.

Not sure how what I have said will help you but I thought I would just tell how I try and do things.

Syd, I hate to break this to you... but you are technically an adult, and you could probably get a job and find digs somewhere. You might have to share a place with someone... a lot of young people do. Have you envisaged getting a job? What branch would you be looking into? What skills have you acquired? What studies have you pursued? Have you any assets that would help you get a qualified job, if not, what would you consider doing to make rent a possibility?

Thanks, Marc, for your input. I think it's useful to remind people that they can try to see the good in the bad situations, because the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

princealbertofb Wrote:Thanks, Marc, for your input. I think it's useful to remind people that they can try to see the good in the bad situations, because the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I'm finding life really hard myself as my health is not good as it used to be, but but I got to stay positive or nothing will happen.

princealbertofb Wrote:Syd, I hate to break this to you... but you are technically an adult, and you could probably get a job and find digs somewhere. You might have to share a place with someone... a lot of young people do. Have you envisaged getting a job? What branch would you be looking into? What skills have you acquired? What studies have you pursued? Have you any assets that would help you get a qualified job, if not, what would you consider doing to make rent a possibility?

I'm a student and as I'm from a low income background I have a high student loan, so I don't need money. I've paid my mum rent for the whole summer out of rent, and I currently on my summer break until September (when i'll get my next payment). If I somehow manage to survive this and get my head together I might think about getting a part-time job on top...but at the moment I doubt I could cope with the stress of it. (I have no work history either at the mo)

It's a state of mind, Marc, but not always easy to achieve for those suffering from depression, even worse when it's severe.

I know I helped me dad through a wrong patch, though hes never repaid that help by helping me out with things. But I don't really mind as I would help anyone even though I wont get much thanks for it. I'm too soft hearted but that's just the way it is I guess.

Being alone is the hardest thing to over come I have found as half my family now class me as a loner and waster lol! But you have to ignore those sort of people to the point of even deleting them from your contacts (ie) on Facebook and my phone. I find keeping away from people that try put me down or just cant be nice towards me. Life's too short to let negative put you down. Ive even stopped watching the News and reading newspapers. I just keep clear of negative things.

supasyd Wrote:I'd like to give the pills a go I think because they sound easy and I can't really lose anything.

My concern with counseling is, I have a feeling i'll just sleep in late and not feel motivated to turn up.

Medication without counseling is like shitting without toilet paper, man. Medication works BEST with counseling along with it.

If you're worried you won't get up and got o your appointment, than make your appointment in the afternoon or in the time of day you feel most motivated. FORCE yourself to go. In my case? If I miss an appointment, I still have to pay for it and insurance won't cover it. Definitely a motivator to actually go when you have to pay for nothing if you don't.

supasyd Wrote:She used to, but she's mostly worked through them, but she's having a stressful time at the moment cause the landlord wants to sell the house (and i'm not legally supposed to be here but nobody has any space for me). Another thing that's been getting me down is my own family seem to have no space for me. My mum can't fit me because she wants a hobby room!! A hobby room over her own son. I would never say she doesn't care but her priorities are screwed....My dad cares but he's not really got a permanent home either, and my sister has a baby (both live a distance away) So I am basically completely alone Sadr

Trust me, I definitely understand how you feel there more than you know.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Medication without counseling is like shitting without toilet paper, man. Medication works BEST with counseling along with it.

If you're worried you won't get up and got o your appointment, than make your appointment in the afternoon or in the time of day you feel most motivated. FORCE yourself to go. In my case? If I miss an appointment, I still have to pay for it and insurance won't cover it. Definitely a motivator to actually go when you have to pay for nothing if you don't.

Twist, I think Syd would be going in through the NHS, so there would probably be minimal payment, if any... It's all paid by taxes. His motivation would definitely have to be other than financial... Here! Why not because he now really wants to improve matters for himself and wants to feel more able to cope with his life? That should be a great motivator.