Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, I'm new. :) Wanna help me?
Hey there, I'm new to this thing. Anyway, Is it odd that I don't want to come out. It's not that i'm scared (Okay maybe a little), but I don't have an urge to come out. I want to be out to everyone already because i really don't find it a big deal but I really don't want to have the conversation with everyone. What should I do? I really like men and I'm 100% sure i'm gay. I've told people already (close friends and some relatives) but I don't know. Any advice?
Thanks a heep!
- Lochbot

If you've already told close friends and family that pretty much counts as out as far as I'm concerned. It's not like you have to carry around a business card or announce it every time you meet someone knew.

You don't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Word gets around eventually anyway, people love to gossip about sexual orientation.

I hope it count as out. I haven't told my parents or immediate family. So not quite out... Anyway, I told all the people that I've come out to to keep it a secret, should I tell them not to keep it a secret anymore? or... ?!
Thanks! Smile

Lochbot Wrote:I hope it count as out. I haven't told my parents or immediate family. So not quite out... Anyway, I told all the people that I've come out to to keep it a secret, should I tell them not to keep it a secret anymore? or... ?!
Thanks! Smile

That depends if you want everyone to know lol. Trust me, some girls given the chance will tell everyone and the Queen.

LOL. Do how did you come out to the family? (I read the other post about your bro telling your parents for you) Dis you tell your grandparents?
Thanks
Smile

Lochbot Wrote:LOL. Do how did you come out to the family? (I read the other post about your bro telling your parents for you) Dis you tell your grandparents?
Thanks
Smile

My grandparents all died when I was quite young, so it wasn't an issue. Just my brother and my parents.

There was no one else left to tell, so I had it easy :tongue:

I'm jealous.. (Of the easiness not the fact that your grandparents died.... [sorry to hear about that]) I can't wait to be done with this (although i'll be telling people my whole life). I really wish that people just excepted gays as regular people because we are. Idk about people.... lol

Thanks again Smile

Oh, well, just be yourself and try not to hide anything. When you start feeling that urge to tell someone, then tell them. Some people might b able to guess, others not. And you...you will be happy all along. :]
And welcome!

If you dont want to make a fuss about coming out, then you dont need to. Just be subtle, and dont hide the fact if it comes up in a conversation. Or you could also just change you Interested in on FB. ppl dont usually check that if they're already friends with you, and anyone new who checks will automatically know your orientation.

Of Course, you've already told some ppl. If you can get to a comfort zone with your out status after telling a few more (cause it sounds like you want to tell some more ppl), then you can always stop there until you feel ready to move forward.

I think the biggest concern is this: rejection and its a normal, natural fear that every person in the world has. But think of how easier it will be when you do come out. think of how easier it will be to have a boyfriend out in the open, to bring this boy home with you. Yes, Your parents will obviously have concerns but sit them down and tell them that you are smart and that when you and your boyfriend are intimate that you take all the necessary precautions. I promise you this. Your parents love you no matter what and will continue to love you and accept you no matter what. I know. I'm a dad of a 20 year old son.