Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey! What's going on?
Hey! How's it going? My name is Blake and I'm new to this forum, clearly, lol. Just wanted to stop by and say hi! So... "Hi!". I live in San Diego, California where I was also born and raised and I LOVE it here! I've lived in a couple places in the east coast of the USA while I was in the Army then moved to Phoenix, AZ after the army but I just missed San Diego so much that I left a great job and my best friend in Phoenix to come back to San Diego. Was that the best decision to make? lol mixed results but I do think overall it was the best move. I got a couple years of college done and am looking to go back to school soon to finish my degree in History and I would like to be a high school history teacher and cross country coach but they really are not hiring teachers right now, especially history teachers, so maybe in a few years when I finish my degree and get my teaching credentials they'll be hiring again.

So that's about it I guess. Right now I just work. Should be starting school again back in Jan. I don't currently go out to have fun like, at all, it's actually been almost 5 months since I have so I am really hoping to find the time and money to get back to that ASAP.

So anyways, Hi!

Hi! My name is Blake and I just wanted to say hi! I am from San Diego, California where I was also born and raised. I currently work full time but don't make a whole lot of money, no set days, no set hours, so it sucks but I am looking at getting back into school next semester, I'm about half way done with my history degree.

Umm, i guess a bit of background information... I was pretty sure when I was about 12 or 13 (7th grade) that I was day but I just ignored it and dated women throughout junior high, high school, after high school, and while in the Army. After the Army I moved to Phoenix, AZ for almost two years where I met a girl at work named Lisa and she was super amazing, we hit it off real quick and became best friends, she is lesbian so she started taking me to the gay bars and eventually I finally gave in and tried it and I loved it. A couple years later I finally got tired of hiding it so I came out to my parents, family, friends, and everyone is fine with it, no big deal, so that's cool. A few of my aunts, uncles, and grandparents don't know but they'll eventually figure it out, there is no need to tell them. But everyone else knows and sine I finally came out and more importantly accepted myself for who I am I have been super happy, have not been on any anti depressants which is a first time since Junior high and my drinking has cut WAY down from the whole self-medicating I was doing to a social, fun event like it use to be, so yeah, I'm doing very well. Just wanted to say Hi! Thanks!

hamsandwizh Wrote:I finally gave in ... A couple years later I finally got tired of hiding it so I came out to my parents, family, friends, and everyone is fine with it, no big deal, so that's cool. ... and sine I finally came out and more importantly accepted myself for who I am I have been super happy ... first time since Junior high and my drinking has cut WAY down
sounds like you handled it very well.
A lot of guys here chime in have issues coming out to themselves that they might be gay, bi or straight. Not important who else they tell but it is so critically necessary to figure it out inside your self.
I hope you can give a little as your input to them could help.

hamsandwizh Wrote:But everyone else knows and sine I finally came out and more importantly accepted myself for who I am I have been super happy, have not been on any anti depressants which is a first time since Junior high and my drinking has cut WAY down from the whole self-medicating I was doing to a social, fun event like it use to be, so yeah, I'm doing very well. Just wanted to say Hi! Thanks!

Wow, awesome! I love stories like this.

Welcome.

Smile

Hiya Blake, and welcome to GaySpeak!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hey blake welcome to the forums. it must have been so hard for you to leave your best friend. i cant even imagine leaving mine behind. he would have to move with me even if i have to drug him.

Hi and welcome to GS

Hi there Wavey

Welcome aboard the boards.

Glad to meet you.