Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heya! (an expulsion of frustration)
you gotta act all cool and suave wadez! just be passe about it and dont make it too much of a big deal.

if he's into you, he'll initiate contact too.

cheer up!

Ah,the joy of playing games in online dating world~ Too bad that guy didn't follow up,unfortunately that happen almost too often on dating sites. And apparently in real world too :eek: according to araya, so many jerks. Tsk3.

Any time I hear the word Cupid I add Stunt Sounds like that guy was one.

Here Wade, have a T shirt and see if it will make you feel better.
[Image: cupid_stunt_shirt-r6674dc755e244c16bd9fc...lr_512.jpg]

This will cheer you up.

Wade Wrote:So I get this message on OkCupid: "Heya!" (First time I've been contacted there)

The guy who sent it is super cute (way out of what I would consider "my league) and his profile makes him seem really nice and interesting.

So I respond by being what I consider cutesy clever... no response back. The next day I write another little message asking him what kind of music he's into.... nothing again. Now it's been a week. Every day I'm checking to see if he's finally said something. And many many more times than once. I get obsessed with these kinds of things. School work becomes less important, as does health and sleep. And all because of one word from someone I don't even know.

GOD DAMMIT, DON'T SAY "HEYA!" IF YOU DON'T FUCKING MEAN IT FROM THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SHALLOW HEART, YOU NON-COMMITAL SON OF A BITCH!!!!

How the fuck are we supposed to grow old together if there's no follow up? You're the one who initiated dialogue.

I'm quite disturbed at how much a single word can upset my entire universe.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm into sex dating and I've tried two sites and it's the same repetitive crap all the time. There's nothing but fussy people that are only into men up to 30 (and I'm 42), others that are looking for somebody to sex date with that say they are into men over 40 as well and they reject me without bothering to thank me for asking them (and I wonder why so many of them reject me because I'm not ugly, I'm a handsome guy) and the others that piss me off to no end are the timewasters that say they want to meet me for some action and then they ignore me for no reason. One guy told me he was so looking forward to meeting me for a hot time and we spent a month getting to know each other a bit and just when I thought it was time him and me met he turned me down. When I asked him why he told me I was too old for him. What? He could have told me that a month back instead of wasting my time. I could have been getting to know somebody else instead to meet up with. I wonder why these timewasters go around pretending to be interested when they have no intentions in meeting anyone. Also hardly anyone new has joined those sites and I wonder why I bothered. If it's not all that it's people without a profile photo contacting me and when I ask them for a photo they are stupid enough to expect me to give them my phone number so they can send me their photo when they only have to upload it to their profile.

Wade Wrote:So I get this message on OkCupid: "Heya!" (First time I've been contacted there)

The guy who sent it is super cute (way out of what I would consider "my league) and his profile makes him seem really nice and interesting.

So I respond by being what I consider cutesy clever... no response back. The next day I write another little message asking him what kind of music he's into.... nothing again. Now it's been a week. Every day I'm checking to see if he's finally said something. And many many more times than once. I get obsessed with these kinds of things. School work becomes less important, as does health and sleep. And all because of one word from someone I don't even know.

GOD DAMMIT, DON'T SAY "HEYA!" IF YOU DON'T FUCKING MEAN IT FROM THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SHALLOW HEART, YOU NON-COMMITAL SON OF A BITCH!!!!

How the fuck are we supposed to grow old together if there's no follow up? You're the one who initiated dialogue.

I'm quite disturbed at how much a single word can upset my entire universe.

Delete the app. Set yourself free.

Let him go Wade and stop beating yourself up ,you deserve better.

Shit happens, try to be more optimistic! Smile

So.... funny story about this guy.

The guy I'm talking about in this thread and the guy I'm talking about in this thread: https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=35269 are the same person.

He finally responded after a month or so.

We go on the date, and it was pretty luke warm. Wasn't too sure about seeing him again. I found him very attractive (and probably allowed that to influence my decision making more than I should) but we really had nothing to talk about. Also, he doesn't work, doesn't go to school, doesn't have a car, and lives about 20 miles away... not that all that necessarily makes me think less of him, but it did mean that if we began a relationship it would be a big strain on me personally.

But we kept in contact for a couple weeks after. Texting and skyping. It was never particularly flirtatious, in fact it wasn't in the slightest flirtatious. Far as I could tell he just seemed to want a friend.

I don't hear from him for a few days. Then all of a sudden, a couple days ago, he texts me saying he's been kicked out his home and has no where to go, and hits me up for $300 so he can pay rent and stay with a friend across the state.

... I ended contact with him at that point.

The end.

P.S.
[MENTION=21495]Rareboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20482]Wolfpack[/MENTION]

You're both absolutely correct. Thank you.

Wade Wrote:So.... funny story about this guy.

The guy I'm talking about in this thread and the guy I'm talking about in this thread: https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=35269 are the same person.

He finally responded after a month or so.

We go on the date, and it was pretty luke warm. Wasn't too sure about seeing him again. I found him very attractive (and probably allowed that to influence my decision making more than I should) but we really had nothing to talk about. Also, he doesn't work, doesn't go to school, doesn't have a car, and lives about 20 miles away... not that all that necessarily makes me think less of him, but it did mean that if we began a relationship it would be a big strain on me personally.

But we kept in contact for a couple weeks after. Texting and skyping. It was never particularly flirtatious, in fact it wasn't in the slightest flirtatious. Far as I could tell he just seemed to want a friend.

I don't hear from him for a few days. Then all of a sudden, a couple days ago, he texts me saying he's been kicked out his home and has no where to go, and hits me up for $300 so he can pay rent and stay with a friend across the state.

... I ended contact with him at that point.

The end.

P.S.
[MENTION=21495]Rareboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20482]Wolfpack[/MENTION]

You're both absolutely correct. Thank you.

I'm glad everything turned out sane.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:There are more flakes in those hookup sites than a box of cereal.

This.

Again.

Now, on an only slightly more serious note, you have to start somewhere. You met the guy. There were signs of something, as you describe him as unemployed and kinda vagrant. It's not that we can't or don't date guys in between, but at some point, in between might be a lifestyle choice. For most of us, that just creates too much of a disconnect with our day-to-day reality. SOMEONE must work, pay the bills, have transportation, be able to go to the vet/grocery/store.

Dating IS getting to know what's what. We find out if its within our realm of possible or not. You did, and you did. Chalk it up to wisdom. You just learned a couple of questions to ask within your next three dates with the next guy.