Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi. My name is Amigo.
The cartoon wasn't bad either. Though I always wondered, what's up with Peter Pan and all them boys. Are they really Lost Boys or Kidnapped Boys?

~D5~ Wrote:... peter pan was an awesome film XD

YoungPup Wrote:I like the original movie where that lady played peter pan

~D5~ Wrote:I was talkign bout the cartoon Big Grin and i think that the only one i know Big Grin
... and I was referring to the the Barrie's written stories.

YoungPup Wrote:The cartoon wasn't bad either. Though I always wondered, what's up with Peter Pan and all them boys. Are they really Lost Boys or Kidnapped Boys?

lol some where in that quote there's a dig against michael jackson with the whole "neverland" situation Laugh

(i did'nt think mj was a pedo, just people trying to get money, but still makt the odd joke)

@marshlander, i'm not much of a book reader, at the moment dont have the attention spann, and to adicted to other stuffs, but i'm sure there will be a time when i get my attention back and learn italian, read a lot of books and do other stuffs Big Grin this all be when i'm rich Biggrina

Anyway we've kinda hi jacked the topic Smile again welcome to the forums Big Grin you;ve inspired a nice chat Big Grin

Sorry, Amigo. You came here with a serious question and deserve the respect of a serious answer. I should not have allowed myself to get sidetracked. Now, does anyone have something useful to contribute to the real discussion?

Amigo Wrote:Of course my name is not Amigo.

But that's the only lie I'm going to tell in this website. Other than my fake name AMIGO, I'll be honest about everything else.

The main reason why I'm here, is to understand what 'being gay' means. I have a strong suspicion that I might be 'gay', but I'm not quite sure of the definition of the word 'gay'.

What does it mean to be gay? How do you qualify? Is it just the sex, or is there other things?

Why does having sex with another man makes someone 'gay'? If I don't have sex with another man, can I be gay?

I'm sure you (the regulars of this website) get this kind of 'lost visitors' all the time... not sure where I am...

Anyway...

I thought I'd introduce myself first, and then do the browsing... So here I am..

Ok, I'm also sorry about that.
----------------------------------------
I personally view being "gay" as not just the sex. Not whatsoever. Gay is, hmmm I think gay is just another category the world made to group people together(which I think is 60% of the problem). I do not agree with it, but oh well, nothing I can do about it. But I digress.
Having sex with another man does not make you gay. I actually know 2 guys who are now engaged who aren't gay, but hmmm open minded. I was told by someone before that a man, no matter what label is put towards his sexuality, can find a man or a woman erotic/sensual/sexual given the right terms. People in jail have sex with other men, given the right circumstances(or wrong ones). Yet when their supporting girlfriends or wives come and see them or write them, they love them with al their heart. And when they get out if they are lucky enough they go back to their partner. People in the Armed Forces are known to have sexual contact with other men during stressful and extensive periods. High School kids "circle jerk" sometimes. Some joke around in the shower with erections. There is no definitive line that you cross that has the neon rainbow flashing over your head until you are ready to.

I know I'm only 20, I know I do not make sense all the time. But this is what I have to contribute. Take it for what you will
~Puppy

I think the things already posted sums up my views aswell.
and puppy reminded me of the good ol classic
"Big hug in the showers" after the game ^_^

Thanks for the warm welcome. And don't worry about Peter Pan. I like it very much too.

When's the LAST time you watched the PP cartoon? For me.... I watched it at least 10 times last week. (My kids love the cartoon.)

I've asked one gay friend,

"What makes you gay?"

And he told me pretty much the same thing you guys told me, but he also said,

"See, all the other things, they're blurry. But this one thing is for sure. Sex with another man. If you can have sex with another man, you are pretty much gay. If you say you're not gay after having sex with another man, you're in denial."

But I don't think so.

Hello Amigo and Welcome to Gayspeak. In answer to your question, probably many people will have slightly different perceptions of what it means to be gay. For me it's a package which does not have to do with loving boys or men in general... (I appreciate the male form, generally especially certain forms that are ideal and idealised, like most people I suppose), but more with being loved by and in love with another male. It only takes the one to make you gay. Then it's a whole mindset as well. Thinking outside of the boxes that we've been taught to think in from our youngest age. Could that be why gays are so often connected to the artistic side of human beings? The ability to think outside of the box?

prince Albert : "...but more with being loved by and in love with another male..."

Then shouldn't ALL men be gay?

Amigo Wrote:prince Albert : "...but more with being loved by and in love with another male..."

Then shouldn't ALL men be gay?
Interesting, but why do you say that? The kinds of love between brothers, between fathers and sons and between friends, for example, are somewhat different from the love that exists between partners.

Although, if all men were gay there could be a lot more tolerance ... unless, of course, it also produced a lot more denial and homophobia. :confused: