Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, everyone.
Hey everyone.

I'm very new here. I'm kind of a nerd. Videogames and Movies are my favorite pastimes.

Right now, I'm something of a live-in caregiver for my grandmother.

I'm really struggling with reconciling my sexuality with my faith. I was raised Catholic, and though my parents support me, I have these horribly guilty feelings for being gay. I often wish that I could change the way I am, but I know that's not how it works.

I'm hoping to find some friends here and talk with people who've had similar experiences.

Someday, I hope to be ok with myself enough to find love. I just wish it wasn't so hard.

Anyway, hello everyone!

welcome to gayspeak

Neo Wrote:... and though my parents support me, I have these horribly guilty feelings for being gay ...

do you parents know you are gay?

G Day Neo and welcome to Gayspeak.

First of all welcome and honestly who says that the church has to be your interpretation of your faith? Your spirituality is what matters, not the label that one puts on it. You say what you are and what your beliefs are Smile Ive never once doubted that the universe hates me for being gay. I feel completely human; I get sad, happy, love, etc. All human emotions. That is enough to me. Its love between two consenting adults Smile There's nothing wrong and everything right about it Smile Follow your heart and soul and find what you truly believe ok darling and stay strong <3

Welcome Neo!!!

I know a thing or two about religion and being gay. For me the further behind religion gets the better I feel about who I am.

Welcome Neo welcome to gayspeak. Hope you make loads of friends here. Confusedmile:

Hello Neo , Welcome

pellaz Wrote:welcome to gayspeak

do you parents know you are gay?

Yeah, my parents know. My father is very supportive. My mother is supportive, though I can tell she'd rather I was straight. She means well, though. My sister is the only other person close to me who knows and she's very supportive.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Smile

Hello Neo! I am also new here
About your feelings of being guilty:
Look, if God created humanity it means that everything that humans possess (under this I mean everything that humans are born with) was also created by God. If homosexuality was created by God then it's not bad, right? Quite banal explaining I guess. but anyway, that's my point about how religious people should think of homosexuality.
And you are lucky to have such good and supportive parents!

Welcome! Wavey