Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone what was your first pet?
Mine was a cat.

A German Shepherd named Butch. Can't ever remember being without a dog in my life since I was a toddler.

My 1st pet was a dog we used to play and he would knock me down (i was about 2-3) hew ould also protect me from strangers! Big Grin once a burgler tried to come in the house but my dog scared him away (i vaguely remeber this) but the guy broke the kitchen window and i guess he shot my dog (but it missed him?...)

Black Bunny Rabbit =D He was so cute! Then we got another...and then Mum said no more Bunnies because they 'hug' too much...

Myself. I didn't pet anyone else until I was much older.

My first pet was actually the miniature dachshund my parents had together before I was born. She kind of made herself my guard-dog. She was the best little dog. I still miss her. Cry

I remember having a few mice way back in 2001, one was white with brown spots and the other black spots.

A couple of weeks I lay down "just for a minute" and instantly plunged into a vivid dream that was half-lucid. Part of it was cats I don't have in bed with me and it being dark and no one else around. I went down to the kitchen with the cats following and fed them some tuna and opened the fridge and didn't recognize anything in it and decided this had to be a dream. Curious what the dream red soda tasted like ("maybe strawberries") I tried it and got no taste and thought, "Definitely dreaming." I tried to wake up, which I normally can do when I want, but it didn't work. I just sat down on the floor and then thought, "Why am I drinking this, it's not even real" and tossed it on the floor (not like I was gonna have to clean it up) and several cats went to lap it up. Then one cat got in my lap and started kneading me and I wondered, "Who are you supposed to be?" I then recognized the cat as a barn cat I knew when I was 14 and thought, "Ok, I can stay awhile."

As a barn cat I didn't really see him as a pet, but I did pet him a lot and snuck food to him when I was 13/14 (I wasn't supposed to as he was supposed to get his own food by keeping the rodent population down). But I've taken care of a lot of animals without considering them pets, and it's interesting to me that I'd dream of a barn cat from that long ago and be glad to see him. Maybe he was my first pet?

But by my definition, my "first" is the cat I have now, though actually she belongs to my partner, and if we were to split for some reason that cat would go to her, so I don't fully think of the cat as "mine."

One day I'd like to adopt a black cat (doesn't have to be perfectly so) and name him (her?) Gink, after the black cat in Dorrie the Little Witch, a series I loved so much when I was a child (and wanted a cat link Gink ever since).

Mine was a German Sheppard cross dingo , called Bobby he was adorable.Confusedmile:

tortuous called lightning had him for years