Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiking Whore
Okay I have a very serious problem that is overwhelming my life and that is that once summer comes along I turn into this entire different person where I cannot get enough hiking done. Its all I ever seem to think about and once a day off comes along I am planning my next hike and where it will go.

I have been working in the Yosemite NP area for 3 weeks yesterday and I went on a hike yesterday that took me from Glacier Point to the floor of Yosemite Valley and it was a loss of 2,750 feet going down and 4.6 miles and then going back up was a gain of course 2,750 feet and another 4.6 miles. It took me around 5 hours with about an hour of stopping and it was so much fun after the fact. Going up wasn't that much fun until you get these amazing views of the Valley of Yosemite.

In just 3 weeks I have done almost 70 miles of hiking and my goal is 1,000 miles this summer. This past winter I did 57 days of skiing and 267 actual hours and over 1.5 million of vertical feet. I feel like I really have a problem that I go from being a skiing whore in the winter to a hiking whore in the summer.

Am I alone in the way that I am? Does anyone else feel like a skiing or hiking whore? I feel so alone, lol

I guess hiking and skiing are my replacement to the whole going to the gym mentality. Does anyone else have a hobby that they do where they get a nice work out?

Seems like an obsession, but still healthy! I used to be the same way with baseball. If it make you happy then why the hell not!

70 miles in 3 weeks isn't going to hurt you.

I love it, too. My problems is finding company for the hikes.

Take pictures! I've always wanted to go to Yosemite!

I enjoy hiking and hill walking too, although we never seem to get the weather for it here, and when we do, it doesn't last long enough. I bought some new walking poles but I've yet to test them out. Hopefully I'll be able to get up on the hills soon with them.

I love to hike too,

I love doing cardio to good music for a few hours a day. It's pretty fun.. for me at least.

Jason74 you should do Tough Mudder and other events like that. My friends and I might do it this year. It's pretty crazy though ;D

I love hiking and now that Jack ( my dog) is older I will be doing a lot more of it.
It gives me time to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.

wow, you have to be in great shape. I feel like a fat ass now lol. I used to be that way about basketball but now I'm either too busy or injured.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

The crazy thing is that every day off after work I am trying to plan my next hike and where I will be going. I like to think that I am in a good shape. Folks around where I work asked me the first day that I did a hike if my knees were sore and I said no and they looked at me like why the hell not and then I told them that I had been downhill skiing all last winter and then they understood, lol.

Skiing and Hiking is my life and if I didn't have one or the other I think my life would truly be over. I will never ever live in a big town and will live this life until the day that I die. I was turning into a fat slob when I lived in my hometown of Madison, WI. Glad I decided to leave.