Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hives
No, not for bees…

It's weird. Just a few moments ago I noticed I have a rash on my right forearm (wrist and up forearm about 5 inches). If they were there earlier today I sure didn't notice -- and I think I would have. They're red blotches with white peaks -- sort of like acne but not. They don't hurt or itch, just odd. I don't have them anywhere else and they seem to have just shown up. Obviously an allergic reaction to something but I have no idea what.

They look something like this (although this is acne):

[Image: acneVulgaris_51136_med.jpg]

I get hives once in a while. Almost always on my left hand, between where the fingers start and the wrist (usually on the side rather than the palm or the back), and usually precisely two. They last about thirty minutes. Never found out what they were. Let's call them "the gargoyle bumps". Smile

Lex

Try taking a benedryl if they bother you.
I bid NO Trump!

I don't think hives have white in the center. I'd go have it checked out now, as it doesn't appear to be hives.

Not a doc, but I have had hives. They may just be presenting differently, but I don't recognize those.

Is there an after hours clinic you can get to without going to an ER?

My father gets hives when he is very stressed. I don't know if that helps you at all, but I attempted, lol.

Well, the redness is mostly gone now but there are still some bumps. One in particular is bigger than the others. I'm not going to do anything about them unless they persist or become disturbing in some way. I suspect they'll just fade away. It's just odd…