Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homophobe, racist and head of human rights comitee?
Ok... I was talking to a classmate last week about politics, and she said that her country elected a homophobe as the head of human rights comitee. Are brazilians crazy?
She said that this guy is a pastor, and he states that homossexualism is a disease and that Africa, according to what he knows from the bible, is a cursed continent.

The first thing I've read when she showed me a translated news page was that he once said: "being gay is a matter of choice, being black is a matter of bad luck".

I know people have been protesting agains his election, but come on, the congress should be ashamed of electing such a beast.

Yeah. This is the sort of guy you want to meet in a back alley and introduce him to Mr. Baseball Bat. I think Rawlings over aluminum works best for this sort....

[Image: jacoby-ellsbury-autographed-rawlings-blo...392838.jpg]

Haters got to hate, and we as a society need to make a clearer stance that we are not going to put up with it. Instead, each time we allow one of these idiots to get in a position of power, we own the racism and bigotry ourselves.

I bet that a majority of those who voted for this idiot also have similar insight to the human condition. Probably not a problem with the black as much as a problem with gays, and most of that angst with LGBT is due to the nonsense that streams off the pulpits into their empty little heads seeking God through some organized con-game called religion.

you give idiots power, then they will vote for/endorse other idiots.

dfiant Wrote:you give idiots power, then they will vote for/endorse other idiots.

that's exactly how I think about this. from what my friend told me, politics in Brazil is really complicated, because they have lots of illegal things going on in there, being corruption the biggest. she said that this absurd election went on because of party relations.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Yeah. This is the sort of guy you want to meet in a back alley and introduce him to Mr. Baseball Bat. I think Rawlings over aluminum works best for this sort....

Haters got to hate, and we as a society need to make a clearer stance that we are not going to put up with it. Instead, each time we allow one of these idiots to get in a position of power, we own the racism and bigotry ourselves.

I bet that a majority of those who voted for this idiot also have similar insight to the human condition. Probably not a problem with the black as much as a problem with gays, and most of that angst with LGBT is due to the nonsense that streams off the pulpits into their empty little heads seeking God through some organized con-game called religion.

I think that this is the most fucked up thing that could happen to politics. How do you elect a guy that was educated by the bible, that is filled with hateful words about other races and homossexuals, the people that a person in such power should protect?
We're back to middle ages.

Sad thing is. We want to end hate. Can't be done. Best we can hope is to minimize hate.

Mick

bluefox4000 Wrote:Sad thing is. We want to end hate. Can't be done. Best we can hope is to minimize hate.

Mick

I know, but things like this doesn't help us at all. Our greatest enemy is religion, and the fact that in certain places it's gaining power does not motivate. Sad

With regard to that, this is the jolly little YouTube that I just discovered...

Such intelligent thinking. Thanks, Christopher.

Liam Wrote:Ok... I was talking to a classmate last week about politics, and she said that her country elected a homophobe as the head of human rights comitee. Are brazilians crazy?
She said that this guy is a pastor, and he states that homossexualism is a disease and that Africa, according to what he knows from the bible, is a cursed continent.

The first thing I've read when she showed me a translated news page was that he once said: "being gay is a matter of choice, being black is a matter of bad luck".

I know people have been protesting agains his election, but come on, the congress should be ashamed of electing such a beast.

Either his mother was on some HEAVY hallucinogenic drugs when she was pregnant, or she dropped him on his head multiple times as an infant.

Or

He's got worms.

[SIZE="4"]Dont worry.....whether you believe in prophecy or scientific conclusion.............there will be a worldwide civil war soon. From what I learned in social studies in school, my observations of people over the years, the "facts" from a lot of social scientists over the years, and my better judgement.....a civil riot will turn into civil war within the next 20 years.

"Modern" governments will fall. New governments will arise. Cant say if its for the better or for worse, but with regards to human nature and human history, we are overdue for a civil war.[/SIZE]