Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooooooooney, I'm hoooome!
Hey everyone!! Am back from my trip to birmingham and my pub crawl with uni this evening :biggrin:

I just wanted to say, I have had a fantastic day today - and it was topped off with the sugar and the cherry this evening when I opened my email to find...

I was APPROVED for my british council teaching position in Germany for my year abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!

:biggrin:

Welcome back and Congrats!!!

That is great news Clap Clap Clap

When does your teaching position begin? Are you excited?

frank

Bless you babe I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!! :biggrin: Cool Herz.

I told you you'd be fine Xyxthumbs.

Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Congratulations Confusedmile:

your THE MAN!!:tongue:

Hope you'll have a great time there...

where, in german, are going???....

Cheers guys, you have NO idea how worried I was I wouldn't get in as they emailed me asking for more details etc. like my application was not good enough so that's a weight off my mind :biggrin:

Frank, my teaching position begins beginning of September, but we have to leave a couple of weeks previous to that (definite dates are finalised when we receive confirmation of our exact position etc) so that we can get settled - there is a lot of paperwork to sort with the local town hall etc. when you first arrive in Germany too. It's quite daunting! I am both excited, nervous, sad, scared/worried... a lot of things :biggrin: I don't want to leave everyone behind, least of all my niece and nephew and my bestest friend in the world, Tracey! The farewell at the airport will be horrible *sigh*. I think I'm more worried about what I need to do BEFORE I go...

I'm lucky though, if I get my preferred choice of place to go, I already have a friend out there from the last German exchange I did and her parents have offered for me to live there the whole year!!! So fingers crossed guys!!

Ang, unfortunately they've not told us yet. But we have to make a short list of 3 "regions" we would like to go to in order of preference. They then allocate us to a region (which we don't find out until april/may/june time) - and we could then get ANY city in that region, so who knows?? hehe!

Argh! That's so cool!

Well done!! :biggrin:

I think it is the best when you have all those feelings at once. It signals a great change happening = oh, how exciting.