Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horoscopes
Do you read your horoscopes and do you believe them?
An eye for an eye

No and no.

Mine today told me that I would come into money and finally find a job. I wish number one comes true. Smile I already have number 2 a job.
An eye for an eye

Glorified advice columns with exceedingly generic advice that could apply to nearly anyone at nearly any given time

Leoterious. 32 Octember - 25 Juuary.

Uncles called Wendy will have some surprising news. Ferrets will bode nothing good for this month.

Isn't that the way they usually go?

I'm Spiritualist, I believe in something that cannot be proven.

However, as for the influence of astrological bodies on the lives of people, no, I can't accept that.

I think that news paper and magazine horoscopes are far too broad to be able to apply them to yourself. Doesn't an accurate horoscope require date and time of birth to the nearest minute? How can four lines in a daily paper cover, say, everyone who was born in a month, for each minute of each hour, day and week etc, etc? It can't.

Beside, the type of publications I read do not have horoscopes (*Snooty sniff)

Astrology is far more complicated than just a sun sign, and I have yet to even hear of anyone who took astrology seriously (as in studying it) who gave horoscopes in the paper any credibility.

Short & sweet, there are 12 Houses on astrology and where other bodies are (even asteroids) make a big difference, as does ascendant, and not only do these make a difference (and the transits determined from when you were born) but then there's also the "chemistry" as people imbued with different astrological energies mix (and even cities, businesses, etc, can have a "natal chart" assigned to them as well).

I dont read them

Not really. Horoscopes are entertaining to read, but I don't take them to heart. Astrology is a fun subject to talk about with people but I don't think you should cast judgement on someone based on their sign.

I've read them a few times out of curiosity. While I find the astrological signs themselves sometimes have an element of truth to them in terms of personality prediction, I've never really held much faith in horoscopes themselves - even if they did work, there are far too many people who pay no attention to the actual methods, and simply throw out a random predictions for a few quick bucks.

I used to, when I was a teen. They were NEVER right.
If anything they were ALWAYS the exact opposite of what actually happened at that point in time.

Just BS to sell shit to the gullible.