Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Feel About Monogamy?
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:So you never dated anyone else, try on other trousers BEFORE you met him?

He's not saying he hasn't dated before me, only that he hasn't found an interest in any others -since- we have been together.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Monogamy is yet one more fairy-tale instead of fact. Its a thing we wish for, such as witches who can bake and serve up tasty oven roasted chilren (yum yum), but doesn't actually take place (dammit, I made stuffing tonight, no young flesh to dine upon with it, had to settle for chicken... again).

Few couples stay together for life. Few - very few.

I disagree, (obviously). Which is kind of funny to me, because prior to meeting Gid, I'd held some skepticism about it.

That said, monogamy isn't about being together for life. It's about being monogamous with your partner for however long you are with them. It's about being honest when it's time to move on instead of fucking around behind their back (or not behind their back). There's no life sentence to monogamy.

I like it. It works for me. I'm happy.

I think a relationship is what 2 people make of it.

Monogamy works for some, doesn't work for others.

Promiscuity works for some, doesn't work for others.

No too long ago, homosexuality was scrutinised and illegal...how did that feel?

Yes, there -was- life before Twist. *Chuckles* Though "cheating" in itself just isn't something I'm okay with, so breaking it off if I found something else I wanted to sample would have been my solution.

I've never been very good at sharing. I don't share well with others, at all. Yeah, I'm a greedy bastard too. I own up to that without fail. So poly really doesn't work for me. Nor does an open relationship. I can't see that ever being my thing. I'm just not wired that way.

That said...I've come way too close way too many times in the last 8 years to losing Twist in my life and I'm not at all certain I could deal with life...after Twist. Having something that precious lost is just...can't do it. Nope.

My point is though, it wasn't until Twist, that I realized that for the first time I'd...stopped looking. I knew -this- was the one. He was mine. I didn't want or need anything else. Still don't. That's how I know it's right, yeah? Cause I don't even have the itch for something else. Haven't since the beginning.

I just didn't even realize that I was always "looking"(waiting for that something else, something better), until I found him and then I just wasn't anymore. I'd found it.

[MENTION=12444]Bowyn Aerrow[/MENTION] The dictionary definition of monogamy is "the practice or state of having a sexual relationship with only one partner at a time" - nowhere in there does it say "for life". My parents were in a monogamous and faithful relationship. My dad died when I was 13. I don't expect my mom to be celibate for the rest of her life.

I was actually initially confused by the whole "forever" aspect of it, but [MENTION=20738]TwisttheLeaf[/MENTION] clarified that when he said it was "for as long as you're with that person".

I don't cheat on or with anyone. What's the point? All you end up with is uncomfortable and unnecessary drama.

juxtapose Wrote:same sex marriage licenses are really rare. Less than 2% of the total marriages recorded here (Denver) last year were same sex. gay men's opinions on marriage and monogamy will change but slow, possibly skipping several incompatible generations.

strictly for sex; turn them over and lots of men look feel the same. best friends cant be replaced tho.

Well that would be in line with the population, is something less than 5%...

Now... where's my damn ring! Tongue
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

So I will put my 2 sense in it. So I strongly believe in monogamy and yes, it is very possible in gay relationships. Me and my boyfriend have been together for about a year, we have never cheated on eachother. It is possible in gay relationships, it is just that monogamy takes effort and work. It is easy to go out and have sex with that cute guy at the bar, but you know what is better, to come home to your boyfriend everyday, to someone you love. So it is up to the person to what kind of relationships works or does not, but yes, monogamy is 100% possible, and there are guys out there like me who only do this kind of relationships. And no I am not 50 years old, I am 25 and my boyfriend is 20,

I can't stand these articles, from what I've seen in the past couple years it seems to me that a lot more people cheat than when we realize. Gay, straight, male or female. I don't know about everyone else but I've met just as many women that cheat as the men. At my last job there was a woman there notorious for sleeping around. a married man with three kids slept with her and left his family for her, then after they became official the woman continued to sleep around. It all depends on the person and how he/she feels about monogamy.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

If I was ever in a relationship, monogamy would be an absolute requirement.

I think those articles you read has lack of science. Many people writes thousands of non-scientific articles. those are only their personal opinion. They love mking generalizations by just looking at one guy.