Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you tell if a guy wants a relationship or just wants sex?
I met this guy the other day and we hit it off pretty well, but I just need to know how to tell if he wants a relationship or if he is just interested in sex.

Just ask. Smile

I would say the same .. just ask ... but the best is if YOU want a relationship ask before you both have sex .... or you have a real chance to hurt yourself if the other only wants sex ....

Tell him your point of view in a relationship before going any further.

Try going out with him a few times and just have fun and try to find out if you are compatible. Hold off on the sex and see where it goes. You should be able to get a sense of where he's coming from and take it from there.

I guess a ponit is when you make plans or share time out bed, and make special moments for you both

I think attitude and body language tells a thousand stories...

is he engaging with you on any level besides comedy, flirting and sex? is he imposing on you and making you feel uncomfortable? is he being suggestive? is he infuriatingly charming but slightly irritating?

He's probably after your asszzszzz....

Does he take a real interest in you? does he offer to help you out? Does he want to just talk junk and hang out with you in the mean time? Does he come across as a little nervous?

He's probably after your heart...

now I'm not saying that guys who know to chat people up are sleazes, or that guys who prefer relationships are 'losers'. It's just the way some people operate and you'll be hard-pressed to ever get a direct answer of what someone REALLY wants. You have to read between the lines.

Body language is important in person - the way people look at you, the way they stand or how comfortable they look in certain situations... best of luck x

After having sex at your place. Text him when he drives home. "drive safe and sleep well".
If he texts back, then he wants a relationship.

My view would be that he would first want sex to see if you are sexually compatable first , then if you both find you are , he will want to take it further . You probably won't discover what it is he really wants until then . Sad fact but true , he will tell you quite clearly that he wants a relationship and has feelings for you etc etc just so you can have sex if he thinks thats what you want to hear . I think relationships dont just happen , they develop into one , you can't decide if you want a relationship with someone if you have only been togather 5 mins because you are both still finding out about each other . If you are ""right for each other it will develop into something deeper . A good clue would be after you have sex, does he text you afterwards or the next day? or is it that he couldnt wait to get out of the door fast enough .

I see it 's interesting that many people on here believe love, connection, communication needs to happen before sex. I believe that the other way around can work also.
I believe in love at the first sight and 2 people in love can devote their bodies for love even at the very first moment they meet.