Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How come no one seems to last at GaySpeak.com for more tan a few hundred posts?
Yeah...two of my close friends that are women...both in their 50s...have had herpes pretty much their whole adult lives. Some drugs can keep them from flaring up but the herpes is always there.

i joined like most looking for a bit of help... ive met some great people om here and seen a few leave too....i suppose my nature is that once i meet people i like to keep them in my life till things naturally end! or continue ! i love to see how people get on in life n help if i can,,, some people can drop people or places like GS n never think about it again,, im just not one of those people i guess

I joined for friendship. But, I am also looking for people like myself. I am a conservative looking loan officer during the day, and rebel at night. There just do not seem to be a lot of people who like an ordered life, but let themselves go socially. How many bankers do you know that play serious poker?

Zip Wrote:I joined for friendship. But, I am also looking for people like myself. I am a conservative looking loan officer during the day, and rebel at night. There just do not seem to be a lot of people who like an ordered life, but let themselves go socially. How many bankers do you know that play serious poker?

Welcome to GaySpeak.

I'm in the Commercial Lending area of a bank, so I'm conservative during the day. My rebel days (at 42) are pretty much over. LOL
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Inchante Wrote:Well, I don't think its always for everyone. There are many different personalities and views, but we still may not be able to accommodate everyone. I also think that some people come here, get advice, and leave when they have it. 99% people on here are very caring toward those seeking advice: they offer an ear, they actually listen/read what the person is saying and give the best advice that their own knowledge and experience allows . . . (forgive me for this soap box moment) but there is that other 1% of the time when people will come here confused, afraid, and looking for advice, and if they happen to say something that is disliked by the members, the members will shred that person like a pack of rabid wolves.

I can think of a recent case like that where a new member was confused about his sexuality, said if he was gay, he didn't think he would ever act on it because he never wanted that lifestyle. He made that one post and never posted again after the severe trouncing he received. That could have been the first time he opened up about his confusion and his first real experience with the gay community. If he is gay, that experience had to be traumatizing.

Now, heaven knows I'm one for giving a good trouncing but not to those who are confused, hurt, or in any other way seeking support. I just feel bad that I didn't speak up at the time. It was cowardly of me, and I regret it. (There, sorry about the rant, just had to get it off my chest)

I agree, and think we should all be coming up with more provocative topics. As a group GLBT should be running the 99%ers - Occupy Movement.
[Image: 220px-Occupy_Wall_Street_Together.jpg]

Personally for me, there are too many options, and topics, and it's just kinda hard to get a real "vibe" for the board, and other members. Great features and layout, but I feel like it would be hard to really connect with the other members enough to start sharing and posting.

My experience is just the opposite. I have been here just today, have 25 posts, and feel comfortable. GS strikes me as a site where if you put yourself out there, you will get something meaningful back. I have never seen so much intimate conversation about sex, that I found myself sharing a story previously only known to a few. I'm jumping in both feet!

I've been here five years, I don't have the highest post count, but I do usually come on and read at least once a day. I really like the people here, and I've felt nothing but acceptance here, even when I disagree with people. I've had nothing but positive experiences here and I will never leave.
Richard

I found GS doing a google that landed me reading one of PA's posts. I liked the tone of the board, and the blunt discussion in the Sex and Health Forum.

It became my safe place to be who I truly am. I've made some friends who I respect, admire and just plain enjoy. Forging those friendships gave me confidence to move forward, look in the mirror and be happy with who I saw reflected back.

My activity fluctuates depending on RL/school.

Zip Wrote:I joined for friendship. But, I am also looking for people like myself. I am a conservative looking loan officer during the day, and rebel at night. There just do not seem to be a lot of people who like an ordered life, but let themselves go socially. How many bankers do you know that play serious poker?

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Well he didn't last long..!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Invasion