Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you get HIV?
I'm innocent on how a a person could get HIV?
My boyfriend and I are not really that experienced, and we consider ourselves as virgins (even after we had sex, lol). He gave a BJ to one guy once (it was quick and he didn't finish it as he was scared and confused at that time), while I only got a handjob once from another guy.
Tell me. Is it possible that either one of us has HIV? I'm kinda scared, 'cause we have lots of dreams of living together. Thanks.

Well, if you only consider penetrative sex, sex, you're a virgin... very grey there and that's something you get to decide based on your beliefs... Anyway, not the question you asked.

If you are worried about the possibility of HIV, please get tested.

Seeing as you're in a committed relationship and plan to be together, a test is very beneficial, since there's not a chance of any 'surprise' after a negative result.

For the record, here is information on how you can be exposed to HIV.
http://aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/hiv-aids...-hiv-aids/

Oral sex does expose one to HIV, as semen (and pre-seminal fluid) can infect blood through the mouth, cuts on the body, mucous membranes, etc. . It's less likely than penetrative sex, but I'm not going to lie to you and say the possibility doesn't exist. The good news is that since you're committed, you only really need one test to be in the clear... and if you're very serious, even if one of you has HIV, you can still have a relationship and not get each other infected, if you're careful. In addition, HIV can be controlled with different combinations of medications (ART/HAART), so if you get a positive results, it doesn't mean imminent death in 2013. In fact, a family member of mine contracted full blown aids through a blood transfusion, and survived for many years... What caused her death was actually an allergic reaction, and not the disease at all.

Back on topic, in regards to you having HIV, it is possible, although unlikely. However, since the fear exists, I'd honestly recommend getting a test done.

It is possible, but extremely unlikely. I think you have nothing to worry about, but most countries have free HIV testing

ARGON Wrote:I'm innocent on how a a person could get HIV?
My boyfriend and I are not really that experienced, and we consider ourselves as virgins (even after we had sex, lol). He gave a BJ to one guy once (it was quick and he didn't finish it as he was scared and confused at that time), while I only got a handjob once from another guy.
Tell me. Is it possible that either one of us has HIV? I'm kinda scared, 'cause we have lots of dreams of living together. Thanks.

You are shitting me, yes? Doesn't Google work in your Region?

If Google works in your region, then you both have AIDS sorry you will both die in 6 months. Mind this is is the sarcastic elf who is utterly amazed and pissed the fuck off that you ain't asking Google about HIV.

If not, then a hand job is so astronomically low that it don't count.

Oral only if there is oral wounds and semen came in contact with those wounds.

HIV is fluid contact with bodily fluids - or if you prefer, semen and/or blood in contact with blood.

You can cover your body with HIV infected blood/semen as long as there is not an open wound in your skin. A single drop of semen/blood infected with HIV hitting an open wound/sore can lead to infection.

Honestly, you can get better, far better replies to this query from Google. It does in fact piss me off that you would ask this question here in this the 21st century where there is a shitload of information out there: https://www.google.com/#q=chances+of+getting+hiv

Bowyn, ease up. As perplexed as I am that a 19 year old doesn't know the basics about HIV or how to learn about it from the University of Google, this is a gay support forum. HIV awareness is a good topic here.

Welcome, Argon. You and your bf are at pretty low risk, but that risk does exist. If you just received a hand job, your risk is next to zero unless he drooled on you and you had an open wound. (Ewwww...) Giving a blow job is a higher risk. Even if he didn't finish, there could be precum carrying infection. Again, your bf would need to have an open wound in his mouth, but most of us do have minor cuts at times. Of course, either of you would only be at risk of HIV infection if the guys you did this with were infected.

If you want to put your mind at ease -- and I suggest you do -- go get tested. Most areas have free or low-cost testing available. If your hand job/blow job were within the last 6 months, get tested now and again a few months later. It takes up to 6 months after infection for the tests to be certain.

Most likely you are both fine, but you need to know. You owe it to yourselves and each other.

Edit: I know getting tested may seem like a HUGE deal to you at your age. It's not. Get over that. The staff at the clinics are typically very professional about it. Treat it like going to the dentist. Go in as if it is no big deal and you will be treated with respect. If you have questions for them, ask. They love pamphlets, and usually have a lot of them with info on HIV and other STI's. Read them. Get educated.

Thank you very much for your support. My boyfriend's BJ "incident" happened a year ago, and I guess if he indeed got one, he would have shown symptoms. But just to make sure, we'll have our tests soon.

ARGON Wrote:Thank you very much for your support. My boyfriend's BJ "incident" happened a year ago, and I guess if he indeed got one, he would have shown symptoms. But just to make sure, we'll have our tests soon.

It is always good to get tested regularly even if you are in Monogamous relationship. Its a good peace of mind.

Since I have type 1 diabetes I often go in for blood work so I get mine done then.

ARGON Wrote:I'm innocent on how a a person could get HIV?

HIV is transmited mostly through intercourse or direct blood contact via these fluids: semen, vaginal secretions, blood and breast milk (mother to child transmission)

HIV is not gransmitted through saliva or causal skin-to-skin contact...also, bugs that feed on blood are not carriers of the virus (thank goodness for that)

the mouth is usually not the friendliest environment for HIV, so infection through oral sex has a low incidence but if there's so much as a micro wound, and pre-seminal fluids commonly refered to as "pre-cum", it could happen.

I believe the easy solution for you guys is to get tested..

go, and get tested, simple as that..

Perhaps this can help you guys

http://www.pnac.org.ph/index.php?page=home

best of luck, and please exercize safe sex!

How do you get HIV?

By being stupid.

First i wanna say since your from the Philippines. hope you and your family/friends ok from. the disaster there. But don't they teach sex ed. there.