Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you sleep? Clothed or naked?
There are advantages of sleeping in the buff

Natural pain reliever

Clothes restrict blood circulation, hence shedding that artificial skin is good for stimulating the same. It helps in eliminating tension and discomfort from the abdominal viscera nerve region and even relieves waist pain. Those tight elastic bands do little good and hence should be loosened for a sound comfortable sleep. Medical research have shown that sleeping naked is good for those suffering from insomnia as it has a comforting effect on them.

Sebaceous glands stay happy

Sleep is not a complete no-activity state. The organs are at work and so to improve their productivity it is important that we don’t put pressure on them by way of clothes. It is said that bare skin absorbs more nutrients than with clothes on. Going naked will streamline and accelerate the repair process of the skin. A healthy, uninterrupted air flow will help in the process. Sleeping naked allows the sebaceous glands to do their work best, which is sebum discharge and regeneration. This in turn helps in improving the metabolic rate of the body.

Protects privates

That wet feeling can be a little discomforting in women and can increase the possibility of infection. Sleeping naked increases ventilation to these areas makes them comfortable and keeps them dry, thereby avoiding chances of fungal infection. For men, it has also been found to increase fertility by keeping the testes at adequate temperature and retaining the sperm quality too.

Enhanced lifestyle

Tired or feeling uneasy? Try going naked! A hectic day at work at times makes it hard to get that sound sleep that we cherish. However, sleeping naked can ease the tension and help in giving you that adequate dose of sleep. It relaxes the body and helps in a comfortable sleep. As a result, people wake up refreshed and remain energetic all day along.

How to improve sleeping pattern

Try and take a bath to be germ free. Make sure that the temperature and humidity in the bedroom is adequate, in order to avoid catching a cold. Transform that bed into something fluffy so that the drape feels good on your bare skin.

Though considered a taboo by some, the requirement of sleeping naked can be talked out with your spouse. People may ridicule the idea, but trust me they will soon be taking cues to get that comfort sleeping.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I would sleep naked if I didn't live at home with my parents who tend to wake me up in the morning. It's awkward to me.
But sometimes I sleep in just my underwear. But generally, I'll wear pajama pants and a Tshirt.

I thought most people slept naked.:confused:

I think I stopped wearing pyjamas when I was quite young. I can't sleep in underwear, it's so uncomfortable. I find it hilarous in American films when a man comes home from the office, strips down to underwear and climbs in to bed next to his wife. If you're going to wear something in bed at least put on something clean,

Ive never understood people who dont sleep naked. All my life, no matter where i am, i go naked, even as a young boy staying round friends, i strip naked and always found it annoying when friends stayed at my house and wouldnt sleep naked. I always tell people sleep naked.

But at the end of the day if they’re stupid enough to not know whats best for them… i dont care… it probably goes for many things in there life they dont do properly.

Like very rarely i will sleep in my pants and vest if its cold but at some point i,ll wake up and shrug/kick it off… and its like a relief, a physical relief…

I have never slept without the benefit of clothes. Tried it once, cant do it.......cant sleep without feeling weird about it.

I sleep with a tank top shirt on and boxers. So Im not really restricted, they are loose. I like feeling something on anyway.

What grosses me out is seeing someone in a movie or TV show, that comes home, strips down and then gets into bed (clothes or not) without taking a shower first!!!!! That makes my skin crawl!!!!

Genersis Wrote:I thought most people slept naked.:confused:

Most people I know of sleep with at least underwear (as far as I'm aware). Sleeping naked has always seemed a foreign concept to me. I've tried it a few times out of curiosity and it felt so strange. Which I guess is strange in itself that one's own unclothed body could feel "strange," but there it is. Maybe it's that good old residual Puritan body shame, gotta love it.

Hmm, so far in this thread it seems there's an Atlantic divide going on.

Usually in boxers and T-Shirt. I've tried sleeping naked a few times and it's just... weird. Too much me.

Butt naked thanks

Why?

On the off chance somebody climbes into the wrong bed (mine), believe me, I don't want any "roadblocks".... Hubba-hubba-smiley

I shower, / jacuzzie or on occasion bath before climbing in, dry off, then use baby-powder all over.

My bedding is:- bottom, a sleeping bag right way up, top a sleeping bag wrong way down ( feels lekker silky)

I never make my bed in the morning. I leave it unmade all day to air, and make at night instead.

It has become so complex to employ domestic help, we where able to get shot of the servant when we moved (lucky she did not want to have to travel that far), so we keep things as simple as possible.

Morning time, quick hot shower, and done

Miles Wrote:Hmm, so far in this thread it seems there's an Atlantic divide going on.

I think you're right Miles, but then Americans have always been a bit more prudish than we Europeans who prefer to let things all hang out.