Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you take your tea or coffee?
I like my cup of tea with a lot of milk and two sugars. How do you take your tea or coffee?
An eye for an eye

I prefer a cup or a mug, but i'll accept a thermos if its the only thing going.

I don't recommend drinking straight from the pot.

Mug, tea bag 2 level teaspoons of sugar (do not heap them up (im sweet enough)

Pour on just boiled water, letting the bag rise up with the flow

Just leave 2- 5 mins

The next bit is a fine art, and the reason i make the nicest cuppa
DROP of milk (theres no better way to spoil a brew than drowning the delicate tea flavour with cow milk!) - tea bag out (in an arty farty manner) slight squeeze of the tea bag (NO! - do not crush my tea bag, turning my tea a dark dark colour! ) stir, tap spoon on lisp of mug 2 or (if your feeling adventerous) 3 times. - relax!

Best teas - ty.phoo - twinnings

Worst tea - morrisons economy own brand tea.

Overated tea - pg tips and tetly.

Overrated - coffee.

I don't drink coffee and my favourite tea is Lapsang Suchong taken without either milk or sugar

coffee; grind the beans with a little cinnamon. than some sweet&lo + soy milk.
costCo Yuban brand pre ground coffees are functional too

Coffee needs to be really sweet for me to drink it unfortunately.

Whether or not I have milk in tea depends on what sort it is. Usually 1-2 sugarcubes.

Sugar with coffee is for weak people Big Grin

My coffee mug is 500 ml ( approximately 2 cups, it is a foreign mug) and I use 1/2 tsp of sugar (2.46 grams). That comes to 1/4 tsp sugar per standard cup (1.23 grams).

I drink 'regular' American Blends of coffee, currently I am using Hill Brothers medium roast which tastes pretty decent and reminds me of Folgers or Maxwell House as they were in the 20th century, before te invasion of the drip coffee maker and foreign coffee blends which completely ruined decent, basic American Coffee.

I use a stove-top percolator, Sort of like this one:

[Image: stove-top-coffee-percolator.jpg]

In true American tradition, I perc the coffee until it is black then boil some more, or simmer for a few hours, thus the last cup of coffee is super strong and has solids (grounds) which are good in digestion :tongue:

I stick with three mugs of coffee in the morning only on most days.

My tea mug is 1.3 cups (307.56 ml)

What type of tea I am drinking determines what I do or do not add.

Lipton's Tea Good luck finding out exactly the blend. I think of it as a standard tea.

Typically I add 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp honey - I squeeze the honey bear while stirring the hot tea.

[Image: honey-bear.png]

Earl Grey I drink black and plain - no sugar added. Tea, Earl Grey, Hot... yep like Captian Picard (I so want a voice activated food replicator to order tea with)

There are various herbal teas I will drink, usually I add nothing to them when hot, if I do its around 1/2 tsp of sugar or honey depending on my mood.

Iced tea is a slightly different story. I will use two tea bags (individual cup size) per gallon of water. For Lipton I will will use about 0.33 cup (0.78 ml) of sugar either brown sugar or white granulated.

For herbal teas I will use around 0.33 cup (.78ml) or less. Recently I started using this pomegranate flavored tea which requires no sugar at all as it tastes sweet enough on its own.

On rare occasions I will have a late day coffee, which I will add cream or non dairy creamer to. I haven't done that since Thanksgiving....

Red tea and black coffee